Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Front Office Agent.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
Are you excited about delivering a personalized level of service to each and every guest? This position may be the perfect fit for you! This position welcomes and registers hotel guests, explains the accommodations and establishes credit or method of payment. The Front Office Agent checks guests out of the hotel, preparing and explaining the bill. You will responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Front Office Agent
to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight and holidays. Duties:
- Welcomes and registers hotel guests, explains the accommodations, and establishes credit or method of payment.
- Checks in guest in an efficient and friendly manner, using the guest’s name according to our guest recognition standards.
- Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged.
- Issues correct keys to the guest once room is Inspected.
- Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room, once room is ready.
- Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges, and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Maintains a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Petit cash is assigned to exchange foreign currency. Reconciles all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Resolves customer complaints; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers, supervisors and colleagues from other areas of the Hotel.
- Ability to answer guest calls and direct the guest appropriately in the absence of a Communication Operator.
- Follow up on Wake-up calls in case of guest requests and in absence of Operator.
- Review and conduct daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Processes packages, messages, and mail which may be either outgoing or incoming in an accurate and timely manner
- Follow the Brand Standards on every guest interaction and Hotel procedures.
- Completion of secondary school
- A minimum of 1 year of front office or related work experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with Opera PMS preferred.
- Ability to quickly and positively establish rapport is required
- Current Four Seasons employees, bilingual candidates and those with prior experience in a luxury hotel/environment will receive priority consideration.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and oral are required
- Excellent commitment to service and teamwork.
- Ability to obtain a clean criminal record check.
- As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Front Desk Agents to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to all shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnight shifts
- Great attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- On the job training is provided
Previous hotel or customer services experience
Knowledge of Opera is a bonus
Ability to work in Canada
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.