Hotel Assistant Manager (Duty Manager)Department:
Front Office Reports to:
Front Office Manager Scope and purpose of the position:
Assisting the Front Office Manager to manage the operation of the front desk team by assisting our guests with enthusiasm, efficiency and professionally at all times. Have a thorough knowledge of all Front Office operations. Providing information and organizing training for the team regularly. Maintain Four Seasons high standards of service and hospitality at all times. Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintains complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation
- History of the building
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location
- All room rates, special packages and promotions
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
- Room availability status for any given day
- Scheduled daily group activities / VIP’s
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Front Office systems, such as Opera, Visionline, Web Checkin, HotSoS, Key etc
- Understands and is able to perform all duties of the Front Office, Guest Services and Concierge Agents as well as Manager on Duty in both Nafsika and Arion
- Reviews daily arrivals and departure to ensure proper handling of VIP and return guests, groups etc and escorts them to and/or from their rooms effectively
- Together for the FO supervisors, reviews late arrivals, next day early arrivals and departures to plan for the next day’s activities. Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return guests and groups
- Liaise with the team on all group arrivals to ensure the rooming lists, accounting instructions and special requests are adhered to
- Communicates closely with the Night Manager and other Assistant Managers to ensure follow up on special guests, glitches etc. keeping FOM/FDM well informed as to problems and actions taken, using the Glitch Database and other communications (verbal and written)
- Guest follow ups and glitches to be handled according to Hotel’s empowerment guidelines
- Ensures adherence to all credit procedures in the Front Office, reviews high balance reports and follows up on credit problems/queries with Accounting and Front Office Manager
- Covers all Night Manager’s duties when and if needed
- Has a good understanding of how the hotel system work, and is able to provide the basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, games and Web Service
- Be fully familiar with the fire panel operation and the Duty Manager’s role as controller in an alarm situation
- Oversees the operation of the Front Desk during absence of HOD / Assistant HOD
- Oversee the operation of the Concierge desk during absence of HOD / Assistant HOD
- Oversee the operation of the Guest Services during absence of HOD/ Assistant HOD
- Motivates and provides a working environment in which associates are productive and working together to their strongest ability. Ensure positive communication with associates and manager, keeping morale high
- Handles any guests’ issues or complaints in an understanding and hospitable manner, ensures they are resolved and followed through in the most appropriate and best manner
- Be able to read the guests and sense the guest needs, adapt the service style accordingly
- Actively lobby host and act as a role model for the team
- At all times strives to represent Four Seasons Astir Palace Athens in most professional, courteous and efficient manner
- Assists with managing the performance of the Front Office team to ensure the team delivers the highest quality and Four Seasons brand service standards to consistently meet and exceed all guest expectations
- Communicates all new policies and procedures to all associates
- Continuously strives for new thoughts and ideas to improve and strengthen the Front Office team, up-date procedures and implement them
- During the absence of the HOD, monitors associates appearance on a daily basis, ensures the correct dress code is adhered to, to maintain our professional image
- Always uses the correct standard and etiquette when answering the telephone
- Works together with the FOM/FDM with regards to VIP’s and any special procedures which may be necessary
- Works closely with other department heads and deputies in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests
- Is responsive to associates needs and problems; is firm, fair and consistent in dealing with challenges
- Attends training sessions both internal and external
- Constantly keeps the FOM/FDM updated on the performance of the Front Office team
- Spot checks the Front Office Team’s performance to ensure the Four Seasons’ brand standards are being adhered to
- Ensures the number of open folios is kept minimum, liaise with related departments to resolve them in due course, maintains a good tracking record of all ongoing cases
- Monitors and updates to open folio & PM excel sheet
- Strives to achieve upselling goals by leading by example, providing training and motivating the team
- Coordinates with FO supervisors room assignments & monitor Out of Order and Out of Service rooms regularly
- Promotes the hotels facilities effectively
- Takes an active role in the preparation of Reviews/Appraisals with the FOM/FDM
- Understands the structure and standards to ensure a smooth operation between Front Office, Concierge, In Room Dinning Butlers, Accounts and Housekeeping
- Leads the daily handovers – contributing and communicating relevant issues.
- Conducts the morning meeting in the absence of FOM/FDM
- Responds to all guest requests in a prompt and courteous manner
- Assists the FOM/FDM to organize monthly departmental meetings
- Attends training sessions both internal and external
- Has a good knowledge of the emergency duties and responsibilities
- Reports all disciplinary and grievance matters immediately to FOM
- Spot checks associates on LQA standards on a weekly basis
- Ensures that all associates act continuously in an intuitive, engaging and refined manner to internal and external guest
- Walks in public areas and ensure all in high spec as expect as set by exec team
- Welcomes and Bid Farewell to all VIP’s and ensure that exec member called where necessary
- Acts as the role model to actively learn from our guests, and record their preferences for future
- Leads the Guest Focus Programs: long staying, milestone, preference collection, upsell, ensure all are implemented effective
- Leads by example to ensure the team is familiar and participate with Four Seasons’ Guest Recognition program, attend all the relevant trainings.
- Comply and adhere to the Four Seasons policies.
- Take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
- Be a “brand ambassador” at all times and ensure brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
- Model the company’s culture, vision, mission and core values at all times
- Appears as a role model to Front Office.
- Report any usual occurrences and any concerns to FOM/FDM
- Identifies departmental needs and collaborates with the Front Office department trainer.
- Supervises and oversees the levels of stationary required for Front Desk, ensuring we do not run short and planning ahead.
- Displays hospitality skills when dealing with guests and associates.
- Effective scheduling based on forecast business.
- Couches and counsels associates when necessary.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
Whist working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and employees, unless otherwise stated. Health and Safety
- Be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Act as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place
- The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory
- Report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure
- Ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures
- Attend Health & Safety training and be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning Fire, Health & Safety
- Be fully conversant with:
At all times:
- Risk Assessments for your department
- Hotel Fire & Bomb Procedures
- Help the Front Office Team during the crunch time, ensure a smooth operation in the Front of House Area
- Make sure at all times that there are no queues in the lobby area
- Assist the Front Office Team to provide rooming when and if needed.
- Actively lobby host and act as a hotel ambassador during hotel busy hour.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working with the Golden Rule.