Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Full Time, Seasonal Private Bar Attendant.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated restaurant.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
As a Private Bar Attendant, your primary responsibility is to monitor and maintain the minibar in guest rooms, ensuring it is well-stocked and meeting the needs of our guests. You will report directly to the In Room Dining Manager and work five days a week, including weekends and public holidays, to provide exceptional service and enhance the guest experience.
- Regularly inspect and restock minibars in guest rooms with a variety of beverages and snacks.
- Ensure all items are properly displayed and within their expiration dates.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization within the minibar area.
- Respond promptly to guest requests for minibar replenishments.
- Assist guests with their inquiries and provide information about minibar offerings.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by delivering exceptional service and addressing any concerns.
- Keep accurate records of minibar consumption by guests, including charges incurred.
- Monitor inventory levels and order replenishments as needed to maintain adequate stock.
- Conduct regular inventory audits to prevent discrepancies.
- Prepare daily reports on minibar activities, including sales, consumption, and restocking requirements.
- Report any damaged or missing items promptly to the In Room Dining Manager.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines, as outlined by the department.
- Adhere to alcohol service regulations and ensure responsible service at all times. Having a valid ‘Serving it Right Certificate- BC' is mandatory.
- Work closely with the In Room Dining Manager and other team members to coordinate guest services seamlessly.
- Assist with other food and beverage tasks as necessary.
- Support In Room Dining operations by being able to deliver food orders including any special needs or requests to the guest in-room, check completed kitchen orders with the order taker or guest’s original order; transport items to the guestroom in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality.
- This job description outlines the primary duties and responsibilities of a Private Bar Attendant. It is subject to change to meet the evolving needs of the hotel and its guests.
As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Barista’s to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Prior retail or customer service experience
- Prior experience in a similar role, preferably in a hotel or hospitality setting.
- Strong command of the English language
- Excellent commitment to service and teamwork
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Knowledge of minibar inventory management systems is a plus.
- Must have a current Serving it Right certificate
- Ability to work in Canada
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What’s in it for you
Excellent training and development opportunities; if you are looking for a long term career we have opportunities after your first season, based on performance.
Access to affordable shared staff housing both on-site and off-site
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.