Purchasing Assistant Manager
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant Manager who will support the overall operations of the Purchasing, Receiving and Storeroom Department to ensure that all departments of the hotel have adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner. This person will have leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills, and be able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service. Prior experience in a mixed-use residential hotel is preferred.
The Assistant Purchasing Manager will demonstrate the following key characteristics:
- Two to Three years of experience in hotel purchasing is preferred along with a college Degree, however, not essential with relevant experience.
- Highest level of integrity and transparency.
- Excellent communication skills and an innovative mindset.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, conflict-resolution, negotiating and strategic-thinking skills.
- Ability to motivate and support leadership of a team of professionals.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams
The Assistant Purchasing Manager supports the Director of Purchasing in:
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Minneapolis
- Coordinating and managing the overall operations of the Purchasing, Receiving and Storeroom Department.
- Work closely with all operating departments and ensures that the hotel operates within all related local and corporate policies and procedures pertaining to the purchasing function including compliance with corporate purchasing programs and group purchasing initiatives where applicable.
- Keep abreast of new and alternative products in the market and consult with hotel management on products to enhance cost effectiveness and quality standards.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and transparency in dealing with business partners and ensuring that business is awarded fairly.
- Requires working a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities.
Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Minneapolis is an unrivaled expression of luxury. The new 37-storey building will be situated at the convergence of business and leisure in Minneapolis, at the top of Nicollet Mall, the city’s pedestrian thoroughfare. A few short blocks from the Mississippi River, the mixed-use complex will also serve as RBC Wealth Management’s US headquarters. Key features will include Gavin Kaysen, local Celebrity Chef in partnership with Four Seasons, 19,400 sq. ft. of meeting space, downtown’s only Luxury Spa and a 5000 sq. ft. Pool Deck. Service Culture
Currently operating 122 hotels and resorts, and 46 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do. What you can Expect We offer the following complimentary, market-leading benefits:
We also care for our team members through competitive compensation packages, opportunities for career development and advancement, and the following rewards in support of their work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health and vision insurance*
- Discovery nights at Four Seasons Properties around the globe
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Daily meals inspired by award-winning chefs
- Uniforms and uniform care
- Sick pay, disability coverage and life insurance
- Parking discounts
- Staff lounge and cafeteria space with city view
- Up to eight weeks of parental leave pay
- Fur baby insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Discounted accommodations at Four Seasons properties worldwide
- *Dental coverage available at a discounted rate.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. This comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Thank you for your interest in working at Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis. We look forward to receiving your application. Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
https://www.facebook.com/FourSeasonsJobs VISA REQUIREMENTS
Authorization to work in the United States is required, unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf