Spa Receptionist Department:
Spa Reports to:
Head Receptionist Scope and purpose of the position:
The Spa Receptionist creates a welcoming environment for guests visiting the Spa and performs a variety of tasks, including answering the telephone, cashiering and scheduling appointments. The Spa receptionist has strong customer service and organization skills. Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet all guests who enter the Spa in a warm and welcoming manner using names when known. Offer Spa drinks, cold/warm towels and provide individual assistance and accurate information in an effective and timely manner; offer a special touch when an opportunity is presented.
- Coordinate and handle guest arrival, departure and cashiering tasks in accordance with hotel standards; Provide genuine hospitality and recognition in the work area; adhere to hotel credit policies and procedures.
- Follow impeccable telephone etiquette and department standards. Provide a courteous, professional and warm attitude towards guests, leads, supervisors, managers and co-workers.
- Maintain a relaxing Spa atmosphere with music, lighting, temperature and aroma.
- Organize and schedule guests’ Spa bookings.
- Update guest profiles, preferences and appointments in Spa Software accurately.
- Demonstrate a high degree of product knowledge for both treatments and retail in order to answer questions and upsell relevant treatments and retail products to guests, based on their needs and expected benefits.
- Stay informed of events in the hotel and intuitively recommend and effectively upsell facilities in a personalized and subtle manner.
- Is highly sensitive to guests’ preferences and special requests; offers meaningful alternatives when special requests cannot be met.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and take ownership of guest concerns and requests; act decisively to ensure guest satisfaction; reports all glitches to Manager for further follow up.
- Handle unexpected situations and emergencies in a composed and confident manner and in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Perform satisfaction check by asking guest’s feedback after their Spa experience.
- Identify and report hazards, facility maintenance issues and equipment related problems immediately to manager.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- Keeps accurate inventory of operating supplies and submits purchase orders to replenish stock in a timely manner.
- Read and update the daily log and communicate relevant information to the team. Work as part of a team to ensure effective running of Spa reception.
- Understand and efficiently operate resources available for the daily operations, including telephone, computer, copier, Spa software and credit card machines.
- Process all financial transactions for retail, spa treatments and handle the daily accounting, including cash, in-room charges and credit card payments.
- Produce daily Spa reports as instructed by management.
- Prepare and handle gift certificates.
- Adhere to Four Seasons Standards and Meet/Exceed all Standard Tests undertaken.
- Organize Spa bookings and distribute treatments for all therapists, taking into account the therapists qualifications and ability to perform the Spa treatments.
- Participate in educational workshops held by the spa department for development and cross promotion.
- Be on time and conscientious, keep the spa management informed in case of issues or tardiness.
- Ensure cleanliness of his/her uniform. Must have a professional appearance throughout the service: make-up, hairstyle, and varnish as indicated by the company standards.
- Comply with hygiene and safety rules, quality criteria and procedures within the department. This includes taking reasonable care and perform duties as instructed, preventing injuries to self and others.
- Display Standard awareness, set example for standard execution, testing and implementation.
- Read and ensure understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Adhere to the code of conduct, grooming and hygiene standards.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag. Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
- Display warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and maintain good working relationships, living The Golden Rule.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- Flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Attend training and meetings as and when required.
- Provide a friendly and professional service that exceeds guest’s expectations.
- Identify and report hazards; report any safety maintenance of equipment required.
- Respond properly in any Resort emergency or safety situation.
These tasks are not restrictive but indicative, please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.