As a Catering Manager
with DoubleTree Tulsa Downtown
, you will be responsible for the development of market segment(s) including solicitation of new customer relationships, and negotiation of business through proposals and contracts to close business. Creative design of menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience. Maintain existing relationships with corporate and social accounts. Fostering all internal customer relationships to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of events. Directs event logistics to affected departments and team members responsible for event execution. Serve as the primary contact and is responsible for his/her experience. Position Summary
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible to:
- Organize, plan and prioritize your duties by developing plans and goals.
- Timely communication to internal and external clients via telephone, email, written documents or in person.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients to set and meet client expectations and deliver on those expectations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job systems, products, booking systems, and processes.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others while handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Selling and influencing both internal and external clients.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and evaluating the issues and determine the best solution.
- Ensure high quality service by communicating and assisting others to understand the guest needs, providing direction and guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process as necessary.
- Minimum Education: High School Degree/GED
- Minimum Years of Experience: one (1) year Hospitality related experience
- Management Experience (type): Project Management/Process Management
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): 0% travel
- Core Competencies including but not limited to:
- Selling or Influencing other’s-Convincing others to purchase goods or to otherwise change their mind or actions.
- Writing-Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Basic Computer Skills- Using basic computer hardware and software (personal computers, word processing software, internet browsers, etc.)
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Number facility- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Creativity- The ability to come up with creative ways to solve a problem.
- Management Competencies including but not limited to:
- Adaptability- Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment
- Building Trust- Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair, and respectful way while giving others confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication- Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas.
- Customer focus- Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers’ needs.
- High Work Standards- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing- Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Stress Tolerance- Ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or opposition.
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills – Demonstrates a satisfactory level of position-related technical knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
- CMP certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!