Description du poste
*** The location for this position is virtual/remote ***
Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 4,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
This successful individual will be responsible for crafting a commercial strategy for catering and events performance across the managed hotels portfolio in the Americas. Your scope of responsibility will include, but not be limited to: annual growth plan for catering & events, pricing strategy, analytics and performance measurements for meeting space revenue, directly supports a portfolio of convention and resort properties, strategy for catering, and events training development, and catering and events communications.
The Senior Director will lead the Americas Managed Catering & Events Regional team to successfully achieving total Banquet and Catering revenues on an annual basis. Also, lead the Catering and Events, Regional team, daily to ensure all commercial plans around Catering and Events are executed and delivered. Partnering with the VP of Sales, Americas Managed this role will develop a strategy for training and development for Catering and Events Regional, Sales Regional, and Property team members.
More specifically you will:
- Collaborate with commercial directors, regional sales team, and revenue management teams to ensure that the catering and events revenue targets are met, with a high emphasis on structure around key areas of sales operation that directly influence revenue generation, forecast accuracy, and profitability
- Lead people whilst maintaining individual and team morale and motivation. Proactively pay attention to the development of skills and the taking of responsibility; achieve empowerment through effective training, development, and delegation
- Conduct regularly timed one on one reviews with all direct reports
- Along with the VP of Sales, monitor and lead monthly sales expenses for the Catering and Events Regional teams to ensure we are in line with budgeted expenses for the team
- Develop commercial plans (short term and long term) for catering and events revenue in partnership with VP, Sales Operations Americas, and respective Commercial Directors
- Monitor and conduct monthly calls with regional sales and revenue management teams to communicate the status of the annual plan
- Invest time in building valuable business relationships with people both within and outside the hotel; offer personal help and reassurance when needed; be respectful in difficult situations and able to build trust. Outgoing and shows emotional intelligence towards colleagues and customers. Aware of cultural differences and adapts style accordingly
- Set results-oriented long, medium, and short-term objectives in line with hotel/area business plan; produce tactical plans, which include encouraging outcomes, priorities, timescales, and measurements in sufficient detail. Identify priorities effectively, balancing importance vitality and feasibility
- Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for all on-property approved Hilton managed Catering & Events vendors such as Audio Visual, linen rental, tradeshow-related services, etc.
- Implement, supervise, and measure results for the annual commercial business plan for catering sales
- Present Catering and Events performance updates to Commercial, F&B, and Operations corporate leadership teams on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Partner with Revenue Management to establish GRC targets for optimal mix, develop analytics for catering, and develop pricing strategies for catering. Develop reporting tools for the regional sales team, and optimize processes and tools for catering forecast
- Partner with the F&B Leadership team on annual strategies to drive Catering and Events revenue in tandem with other on-property F&B initiatives
- Participate in designated quarterly ownership review meetings as well as annual financial review meetings
- Persuasive ability to win people around to their view using appropriate styles. Able to present arguments logically and solve problems. Willing to take a stand in the face of opposition if appropriate
- Place high importance on achieving business performance targets. Entrepreneurial, continually spots opportunities to increase revenue or reduce costs in the context of a changing business environment
- Review action plans against agreed measurements, making vital changes, and allocating resources as appropriate. Manage own personal time efficiently within tight schedules. Flexible in the face of change, revisiting priorities as circumstances change
- Understand that financial success is underpinned by a balanced way to the business through a focus on quality, people, and customers. Furthermore, understand the local marketplace/business plan and in the context of company-wide objectives
- Take ownership for making things happen and be tenacious about achieving targets; demonstrate perseverance when faced with setbacks, remain calm and focused under time pressure and when dealing with difficult or confrontational situations
- Thrive with a full workload and not mind unexpected interruptions; accept and will champion change in their work environment when appropriate. Takes personal responsibility for developing own skills and ensuring continuous learning is taking place
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Show confidence in communication to various audiences. Present information in a professional, clear, and open manner; view communication as a two-way process, and possess good listening skills
- Quickly understand and draw logical and correct inferences from a wide range of business-related written/numerical information and decide what is relevant and important. Proactively seek out all relevant information when trying to identify problems or issues and the reasons behind them
- Consider several alternatives when making decisions and consider all relevant factors; prepared to take calculated risks. Develop new and original suggestions; willingness to commit to firm, unambiguous and sound decisions
- Any other responsibilities or duties as defined periodically by the VP of Sales Operations
What are we looking for?
We believe to fulfill this role successfully; you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Sixteen (16) years of experience in Hospitality Management, Catering & Events Management, or a similar field
- Seven (7) or more years of professional experience
- Five (5) or more years of related experience leading sales in the hotel industry
- Previous experience as a Director
- Open to travel 60%+
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelors degree (Masters Preferred) in Hospitality Management, Business Management, or another related field
- Seven (7) years of related experience leading sales in the hotel industry
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $160,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Autres offres suggérées
- Cook INew Orleans, LA, United States
- Director Group OptimizationBaltimore, MD, United States
- Controller - FranchiseSouth Bend, IN, United States
- Line Cook - NEW HIRES can earn a hiring bonus, up to $400!Durango, CO, United States
- Recreational AttendantLas Vegas, NV, United States