Description du poste
*** The location for this position is virtual/remote ***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Lead Infrastructure Platforms Architect for Data Warehouse will work closely with Product Development, DevOps, and Cloud teams to support various design, automation, and cloud migration initiatives. This role will have full life cycle responsibilities for database technologies focusing on enterprise data warehouse solutions. Responsibilities will include:
- Champion and support cloud database solutions.
- Build positive relationships with internal and external customers/business users by providing excellent service/support and consistent communication.
- Proactively recommend and implement improvements to systems and processes
- Create and maintain database documentation, standards, and policies
- Train and guide DBA team members to perform day-to-day operations tasks ensuring the availability, reliability, and security of our cloud databases
- Provide DBA team members support and guidance with other Cloud database engines
- Work with automation tools to integrate databases with Hilton’s Enterprise DevOps CI/CD pipeline
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Outstanding technical and communication skills.
- Proficient in development or scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- Knowledgeable with infrastructure automation and deployment tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise while exhibiting outstanding customer service skills.
- Comfortable in an environment with flexible work schedules, 24/7 availability, and on-call rotation.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience in Technology or a related field
- Eight (8) years of database experience
- Four (4) years of big data experience
- AWS CLI and console experience
- Redshift and cloud data warehouses, PostgreSQL, Aurora, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience migrating applications/databases to AWS
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc,
It would be useful in this position for you Degree to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 10+ years of Technology related experience
- Twelve (12) + years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Ten (10) + years of database experience
- Six (6) + years of big data experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $93,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.