United Arab Emirates, Abu DhabiHotel:
Abu Dhabi (AUHHA), King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud Street,, 4171Job number:
116980Share: Apply Click here if you think this job is inappropriate.
We are looking for an Engineering Secretary who will under the guidance of the Director of Engineering or Asst. Chief Engineer assist the Team with general hotel projects and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with clients, event planners, and organizations to generate and nurture catering leads
- Maintain general filing system
- Answer incoming telephone calls and either transfer, redirect or take a message
- Prepare files, reports, correspondence and other relevant business documentation
- Handle general enquiries
- Arrange appointment and meetings
- Take dictation of correspondence as required
- Open and sort mails, Work on daily bases with computer systems like CivilSoft, Opera, FBM, QMS, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times on all matters
- Demonstrate essential overall knowledge of the organization
- Understand the responsibilities of other units and departments and co-operate with them
- Access and use work processing computer packages and keep up to date with enhancements to latest upgrades
- Engineering Logs and utilities consumption and order missing items
- Updating of monthly green engage points
- Preparing of CAPEC and daily attendance
- Bachelor's degree in business, Hospitality, Marketing, or a related field.
- Holding a University Degree with 2-3 years of background experience to support the demands of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain client relationships.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our my Wellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.