United States, DC, WashingtonHotel:
Washington D.C. - The Wharf (WASHC), 801 Wharf Street SW, 20024Job number:
107911 Duties and Responsibilities FINANCIAL RETURNS
- Summarize and post data to journals, ledgers and other accounting records; total and balance accounts; reconcile bank accounts; check and verify records.
- Obtain approvals from department heads on invoices to be paid; make proper accounting entries in ledger; reconcile discrepancies with vendors; prepare transmittal of invoices for payment by CMH Accounting.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of daily bank deposits; maintain the hotel's funds to ensure that funds are of adequate amount, kept safely and properly accounted for; provide all daily change requirements; issue banks to cashiers and conduct periodic audits of banks as needed. Report over/short discrepancies as per Internal Audit Standards.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include department heads throughout the hotel, for the purpose of providing or obtaining information regarding accounts.
- Prepare and monitor monthly aging of accounts; prepare statements and collection letters for delinquent accounts; make phone calls to collect accounts excessively overdue.
- Approve and process direct billing requests; prepare all bills and mail invoice statements as outlined per Internal Audit Standard. Research and investigate all credit card disputes; make proper adjustments/charge backs as needed; balance and prepare all credit card transmittals. Ensure credit card reconciliation’s are prepared, balanced and discrepancies are resolved.
- Responsible for maintenance of normal and routine controls to ensure reasonable protection of company assets.
- Maintain files of all accounting-related and/or audit documentation; may assist with clerical duties such as typing or phone coverage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- May assist in various storeroom areas to include receiving, storing and dispersing hotel goods to ensure that each department's supply needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. Reconcile banquet bar requisitions.
- May perform additional accounting-related duties such as transferring a balanced edt each day, ensuring compliance with Internal Control Questionnaires, ensuring timely and proper payment of employees and reconciling time records to payroll, etc. May maintain purchase order system integrity or monitor/track other financial control procedures or systems.
- May assist with other duties as needed or requested.
High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, or reservations position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ability to speak fluent English required.
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading invoices and work materials.
- Mathematical skills are used frequently to perform calculations, reconcile account balances, etc.
- Frequent contact with guests and outside vendors is necessary to resolve billing issues or answer questions. Strong customer service skills are required.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.