Demi Chef de Partie - Main Kitchen, One&Only Aesthesis, Athens
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Wrapped in ancient mythology in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, where lavender lands meet sapphire waters and our collection of rooms, suites and villas embody the timeless glamour of the Aegean. The warm Mediterranean hospitality is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.About the role
Responsible to produce foods within designated area and preparation of dishes in accordance with the stipulated recipes or instructions from Senior Kitchen staff as per menu requirements.
Maintain a high standard of production, quality, presentation and cleanliness laid down by the Executive Chef. Key Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Ensure that all preparation, production, dishes, specialized menu items are prepared on time and to the standard required by the Executive Chef.
- Maintain consistent flavor and presentation in conjunction with menu concept. Enhance the reputation of the outlet under the guidance of the Sous and Executive Chefs.
- Allocate work to subordinates, observing their working methods and productivity. Assist them and coordinate with senior staff to provide subordinates with the necessary on the job training showing new or better techniques.
- Ensure that all aspects of food handling, preparation, service and storage of all ingredients is to the relevant legislation. This is to include the correct labelling for cooked foods, temperature control of raw and cooked ingredients, correct storage of trolley items and handling of prepared foods prior to service periods.
- Ensure that all produce, dry goods and other ingredients issued by stores or suppliers are received to the required standard. You are to seek clarity on any food items that do not meet the minimum standards as laid down by senior chefs.
- Make the guests dining experience a memorable one by participating in restaurant and food service activities as required and fulfilling guest requests to the best of your ability.
- To ensure that all Food Safety standards – HACCP / DIVERSEY or else are followed to the fullest.
- To assist with any other duties as required by the line manager or another member of the management team.
- Qualification in professional cookery or similar from a recognized training institute.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a high-end restaurant, hotel or cruise ship environment with exposure to various catering styles and services including a la carte and buffet.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising staff at a lower level.
- Knowledge of the highest standards and quality production, preparation and presentation within your specialized area.
- Knowledge of the highest standards of hygiene practices as laid down by health and safety regulations as well as international catering standards.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.