Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
Kansas City Marriott Downtown, 200 West 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as well as supervising the entire Housekeeping Department including guest rooms, front/back of house public areas, and laundry. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.Job Requirements
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
- Monitor and direct all Housekeeping and Laundry personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily and do not schedule an additional Supervisor or Assistant unless occupancy is over 90 rooms or with General Manager's approval (property specific).
- Ensure compliance to company and brand training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P's.
- Review Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to the business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the Schedule and Wage Progress Report to the General Manager weekly.
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies guest hallways guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies and house rules.
- Train and review all 'House Safety' rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department according to procedures; Follow up on Maintenance Requests to ensure completion.
- Respond to all guest requests situations complaints and accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive courteous and efficient way.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with other managers employees and all other departments.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on its role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Balance and clear the room status nightly comparing the PM Housekeeping Report with the computer's room status report and resolve all discrepancies.
- Maintain and monitor 'Lost and Found' procedures and policies according to standards.
- Train all Housekeeping personnel to perform their duties to Aimbridge Hospitality standards using the steps to effective training accordig to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Conduct daily morning meeting with staff.
- Conduct weekly walk through with General Manager and Property Engineer.
- Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
- Ensure valet laundry is recorded for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned (property specific).
- Properly store secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
- Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as required by management.
- Establish with General Manager's approval any additional standards as needed for the Housekeeping Department.
- Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have been met taking proactive steps to address problems before they occur.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by property leadership.