Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Manages Marriott’s contracting needs for Consumer Operations agreements. Collaborates with internal stakeholders, including Discipline Partners, Finance and Legal. Facilitates contract approvals and signatures. Manages the negotiation and drafting of a high volume of low risk transactions. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Contract Management
Managing Compliance with Contractual Terms and Conditions
- Draft, negotiate, evaluate, and execute a high volume of low risk agreements and transaction documents (e.g. SOWs and Services Schedules).
- Develops and leads negotiation strategies in compliance with Marriott policies and best practices.
- Drives negotiating strategy to achieve cost savings and/or cost avoidance, as practical.
- Interprets contracts, identifies risks, consults with internal subject matter experts on contract terms (e.g. Legal, Risk Management, Security, Privacy) and, for lower risk transactions, drafts language to incorporate feedback into contracts.
- Advises leadership on the company’s and the vendor’s obligations within the overall agreement and reports on the status of these obligations.
- Manages issues related to contracts and assists in interpreting contracts as needed.
- Facilitates timely resolution of contractual issues to minimize risk, including the impact of service disruptions on the organization.
- Creates and communicates clear direction and strategy for contract negotiations.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Owns the integrity and competitiveness of the pricing schedules and mechanisms and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Manages any re-pricing, ensuring that the optimal total cost has been achieved for Marriott.
- Verifies that scope changes or extensions are commercially optimized using contractual mechanisms.
- Verifies vendor proposals and requests against contractual terms and conditions (including pricing, proposed charging mechanisms, chargeability of items) as well as proposing, if necessary, the most appropriate solution for the business.
- Facilitates commercial optimization of the contract by making use of contractual levers to limit or reduce cost and manage risk.
- Functions as an escalation point for any billing issues/disputes.
- Interprets and advises on contract provisions and Marriott policies.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- Provides a structured process, rules of engagement and end-to-end support for contractual issue/dispute resolution.
- Resolves escalated issues in accordance with the governance escalation procedures.
- Manages the end-to-end lifecycle process from development through to execution, including obtaining the relevant stakeholder approvals, Initiating and preparing of change requests, assessing and prioritizing impact, negotiating price and terms and conditions with the vendor, gaining final approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Legal/Paralegal credentials preferred, or Contract Management Certification preferred
- 3-5 years’ contract management experience required including experience in negotiating the following agreements: Marketing, Sales, PR, Partnership/Loyalty, Consulting and IT (Hardware, Software, ASP/SaaS, Cloud and Hosting) and Professional Services.
- Ability to analyze and draft commercial and legal terms to ensure Marriott achieves the optimal value and risk protections on transactions
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?