Canada Regional Office, 2425 Mathewson Blvd. E Suite 100, Mississauga, ONT, Canada VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Provides temporary revenue management support to the Above Property Revenue Management organization as well as individual hotels that require support and may require travel as needed per assignment. Serves a bench function to account for staffing changes resulting from turnover, leaves of absence, or extended vacation leave for above property revenue management and property revenue management associates (both leadership and individual contributor positions) and may require travel as needed per assignment. May provide temporary revenue management support for new hotel openings, renovation and repositioning support, and temporary sales leadership for priority hotels identified by the regional team. Provides tactical support to stakeholders by providing Group Strategy and Senior Revenue Management support for hotels and in Marriott systems, such as High-Performance Pricing, PMS, MARSHA, CI/TY, One Yield, etc. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years’ experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Performs duties of the Revenue Management Cluster or Revenue Management Property associate based on assignment due to absence/vacancy, duties will range from leadership and stakeholder support to tactical execution when required.
• Provides temporary support to the above property revenue management organization or individual hotels as assigned to account for staffing changes resulting from turnover, leaves of absence, or extended vacation leave for property and above property sales leaders.
• Verifies that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system, to ensure inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits.
• Coordinates with leadership from other topline disciplines (Sales, Marketing) to address ongoing business needs.
• Responsible for communicating group strategy and evaluating all group sales opportunities in partnership with the Sales Manager handling the opportunity.
• Partners closely with the Sales organization to evaluate requests quickly and effectively and provide fast and accurate responses ultimately determining the optimal pricing options or alternate date/property options for each lead.
• Serves as a "sales" and "customer" advocate for the hotel(s) on behalf of Revenue Management.
• Provides other revenue management support as needed, upon direction from General Manager (GM) or above property leadership, within the overall hotel strategy
• Under direction of above property and/or property leadership, develops sales strategy to drive revenue for the assigned hotels and/or accounts
• Understands competitive market and provides updates to market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Recommends pricing and positioning of cluster/individual properties and oversees the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations, when required.
• Manages rooms and function space inventory and verifies inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits.
• Verifies all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR) and revenue per available square foot (RevPAS).
• Position prepares forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections and analyzes the progress of each.
• Contributes to sales strategy, evaluates effectiveness, and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities
• Serves as the property Revenue Management liaison with all Sales, Event Management, Regional Marketing, and other hotel departments as appropriate.
• Serves as a demand expert for the cluster team members, GMs, and regional stakeholders in a proactive manner.
• Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves as an inventory and restriction expert and overall demand expert for team members, GMs, and stakeholders
• Provides temporary revenue management support for individual properties during pre-opening and renovation timelines.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with above property revenue management teams to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the support efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and marketing, and other hotel departments in order to establish guest satisfaction.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Notification to Applicants: Canada Regional Office takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?