Commercial Contracts Manager Location:
Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Surrey, KT9 2NE Hours:
Full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week which will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required by the business Benefits:
Competitive annual salary, discount on our animal VIP experiences and Go Ape course, discounts on our Hotels and a Merlin Magic Pass - 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world.
With our Theme Park, Zoo, spectacular Hotels & Glamping as well as our Go Ape courses there are plenty of ROARingly exciting career paths available. We're also a part of the Merlin Entertainments family - associated with attractions like SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND Parks, Madame Tussauds and More!
We're currently looking for a Commercial Contracts Manager to join our Technical Services team at Britain’s Wildest Adventure!About the Role
Working in a fast-paced and guest-facing business, Technical Services is a dynamic team responsible for all elements of maintenance across the resort to ensure the park is operating safely and effectively at all times.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of contract procurement & financial management for the Technical Services department, overseeing the purchasing, invoice and recording of all financial transactions across the department. Working closely with the team in contract negotiation, reviewing contracts and supplier partnerships with national and global perspectives whilst ensuring the best operational commercial outcomes for the resort.
Our team members are enthusiastic and motivated to deliver and improve the service we provide, while having a sense of fun and community that comes from working with Merlin Entertainments and Chessington World of Adventures.What we’re looking for
What’s on offer?
- Strong budget and costing skills, along with the ability to manage and control costs
- Prior experience in a commercial role, preferably within the Facilities/Construction industry
- Experience using procurement / ERP software
- Be proficient with time management and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude and be supportive to others
- A reliable, flexible, and sociable person as you will be part of a busy team
Everyone Matters at Merlin
- A competitive annual salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Merlin Magic Pass - 20 free tickets for you, your family, and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world rising to 40 after a year’s service
- Company bonus
- Private pension scheme
- 40% discount online off LEGO
- 25% discount in our on-site retail shops and restaurants
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Plus, many more…
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.