Assistant Boutique Manager
In accordance with the department policies and defined sale targets, the Bike Leader's manages the bicycle tours offer in order to maximise revenue and exceed the guests' expectations.
• Advises guests and sells bicycle tours at the Shore Excursion desk;
• Prepares the bicycle tours;
• Leads and accompanies guests on bicycle tours;
• Performs preliminary repairs to bicycles;
• Supports the shore excursion office activities when necessary.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate;
• Trained and fit for daily escort of bicycle tours (Approx. 25Kms daily);
• At least 2 years' of experience as a Bicycle Leader;
• Previous Cruise experience is an advantage;
• Computer literacy;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.