About the role
We are recruiting for the role of Airport Services Duty Supervisor in Ground Services based in Athens, Greece.
Reporting directly to the Duty Officer you will supervise your team to deliver exceptional customer service to our customers to ensure they receive the award winning 5-star service Qatar Airways is renowned for. You will also be required to support the Airport Services Manager when needed as well as displaying excellent skills to deal with flight delays, disruptions, denied boarding and any other challenges.
Key accountabilities include:
Be part of an extraordinary story
- Facilitates ramp handling in liaison with all airport staff to expedite departures
- Supervises the airport team to ensure on-time flight closure and working towards overall on-time performance
- Plan efficient duty allocations of manpower during duty periods for Customer Service Agents and provide support to the Airport Services Manager in case of flight disruptions, mis-connections and other passenger related disruptions
- Provide leadership, demonstrate team building skills, direct staff and evaluate performance as well as being able to build on constructive feedback
- Generate various reports and always keep the workplace neat and tidy as well as offering support to the Airport Services
- Manager in implementation of training and remaining sensitive in varying difficult situations at all times
- Manage and train the ticketing team
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible.Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
About Qatar Airways Group
- Relevant College or University qualification
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in an airline or reputed Ground Handling Operations at supervisory level.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language.
- Knowledge of Weight and Balance, Ramp handling and Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Able to perform duties under pressure whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service standards.
- Good understanding of conditions of carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures
- Experience in areas such as Passenger Services, Baggage Services, Ground Operations, Dangerous Goods Regulations and ramp handling
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent customer focus and service delivery.
- You must have the legal rights to live and work in Greece to be considered for this role.
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.