About the role:
As a Senior Cadet Pilot Training Officer, your responsibilities will be to ensure a planned, effective training for the cadet pilots in accordance with the training agreements with the respective flight training organizations and the manpower plan of Qatar Airways. This will include follow up of cadets’ training progress at the ATO’s as per the course footprints and maintaining the cadets’ log updated as per their training stages under the different scholarship schemes which are offered by Qatar Airways.Accountabilities:
- Responsible to liaise with the flight training organisations on necessary matters to ensure proper training plan is offered to the cadets as per the MPL training manual which is approved by the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority.
- Responsible for actively helping and assisting the Manager Cadet Pilot Training and Deputy Manager Cadet Pilot Training. This includes: follow-up of cadets’ training, maintaining an updated log of all cadets and their training progress at the different flight training organisations, liaising with the Qatar Airways MPL Training team on all matters related to the MPL training of the cadets until they graduate as Second officers.
- Responsible to liaise with the flight training organisations on necessary matters to ensure cadets’ training records are maintained updated and proper actions are taken whenever required.
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget and maintain financial records in regards of the various scholarship programs which are offered for the Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) program.
- Responsible to liaise with the flight training organisations on necessary matters in regards of the cadets’ training progress from the date of joining until graduation as a second officer.
- Participate in the meetings and special review boards for cadets.
- Continuously involved in development of the processes of the department to ensure smooth operation.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
An Ideal candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with minimum 5 years of job-related experience in flight operations management and with proven influencing experience at a senior level.Without a Degree:
OR With a Degree:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent without prior experience
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Initiative to solve problems relevant to cadets’ selection and cadets’ training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Qatar Airways Group
- Customer First
- Personal Effectiveness
- Driven to Deliver
- Commercial Focus
- Upholding Standards
- Upholding Standards (Safety & Security)
- Inspiring Leadership
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible