United States, California, Santa MonicaHotel:
Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401Job number:
114789Share: Apply Click here if you think this job is inappropriate.
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica as the first destination in the Americas.
Poised to open in 2024, Regent Santa Monica Beach will usher in a new era of extraordinary experiences to the California coastline. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury, bringing a fresh perspective to beachfront splendor and effortlessly bold experiences to become an iconic destination.
Regent Santa Monica Beach is set on a coveted coastline location, steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier. The resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous and tranquil rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck with multiple pools and a destination spa and wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests from near and far with unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as a high-end artisanal marketplace.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as the Director of Guest Experience at our luxury hotel. The Director of Guest Experience will be responsible for the Guest Experience and Concierge team. This leader shall be accountable for enhancing the overall guest journey from pre-arrival to departure by offering exceptional personalized service, ensuring seamless coordination of guest preferences by maximizing satisfaction, and creating extraordinary experiences. A little bit about your day
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
What We need from you:
- Leading and managing a team of Guest Experience Managers, agents, Concierge staff, and all VIP related Services, fostering a culture of excellence and ensuring consistent delivery of exceptional guest experiences.
- Welcoming and greeting guests upon arrival, providing a warm and friendly introduction to the resort services and facilities.
- Acting as a personal concierge, assisting guests with certain reservations, booking activities, arranging transportation, and providing recommendations for local attractions, dining, and entertainment options.
- Serving as a butler for designated guests and VIPs, attending to their every need, including packing and unpacking, garment pressing, shoe shining, and ensuring their accommodation is beautifully presented and well-maintained.
- Implement processes for pre-arrival, mid stay and post-stay communication with all guests.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with VIP guests, understanding their needs, preferences, and expectations to provide personalized and tailored services.
- Collaborating with all departments to ensure seamless coordination of guest preferences and services, including front desk operations, housekeeping, food and beverage, spa, and transportation.
- Overseeing the implementation and execution of the hotel's guest recognition program, ensuring it meets the highest standards and provides a unique, memorable experience for all guests.
- Continuously analyzing guest feedback and reviews, identifying areas of improvement and implementing strategies to enhance the overall guest experience and guest satisfaction scores.
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive database of guests and VIPs, preferences, and historical information to facilitate proactive guest engagement and personalized offerings.
- Ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail when managing guest preferences and maintaining guest history records.
- Staying updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to guest experience and VIP services, adapting strategies and practices accordingly.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining all training programs according to Forbes 5-star standards for all colleagues to elevate service standards and foster a culture of exceeding guest expectations.
- Monitoring key performance indicators and tracking progress towards meeting guest satisfaction goals, providing regular reports and analyses to senior management.
- Managing guest challenges and resolution processes, taking ownership of guest concerns and ensuring prompt and satisfactory resolutions.
What you can expect from us:
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in guest services or concierge preferably in a luxury hotel environment.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional guest experiences and achieving high guest satisfaction scores.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with guests, staff, and senior management.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient in guest service software and familiarity with guest satisfaction measurement systems.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
The annual pay range for this role is $105,000.00 to $115,000.00
. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach
. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Regent is the epitome of modern luxury for the world’s most discerning travelers. Pushing the boundaries of refined living since 1971, Regent colleagues have set out once more to reimagine uplifting experiences that balance serenity and stimulation to heighten the senses. This, is new. This, is Regent.
Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.