Six Senses Location:
Ibiza (IBZSS), Cami Sa Torre 71, Portinatx, 07810Job number:
119600 Duties and Responsibilities Vision and Values
As MICE Sales Manager - Groups & Events, I fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses Ibiza to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them, plus our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness. By embracing the Six Senses vision and values, I will deliver an exceptional experience for guests and develop hosts to be the very best they can be. Operational Ownership
Skills and Experience
- Leads all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Proactively participates in sales activities to grow awareness for the resort as a MICE destination. Activities include sales calls, local entertainment, FAM trips, and trade shows.
- Proactively solicit local and regional accounts for business including corporates, incentive houses, and DMCs.
- Conduct site visits and follow up with potential clients.
- Responsible for maximum profits in sales of room revenue, food, beverage and hire space for all corporate groups and events, including up-sell opportunities with clients to ensure highest possible margins for the resort.
- Takes full ownership of executing all aspects of the sales funnel from awareness to confirmation and contract signed, including drafting proposals, contracts, and client correspondence, including for all group room and catering revenue.
- Maintain trace files for follow-up on leads. Produce tracing procedures, solicitation procedures, evaluation of room revenue and catering sales.
- Responsible for producing weekly and monthly booking reports for groups room revenue and catering sales.
- Provide accurate, complete, and effective handovers to the Group and Events Sales Executive after contract to ensure a seamless experience.
- Verify VIP daily arrivals to ensure priority room assignment for visiting FAM trips and clients for all MICE clients.
- Work closely with the marketing team on opportunities across collateral, social media, and third-party marketing opportunities.
- Maintain good, positive, collaborative relationships with other departments across the hotel including Front of House, F&B, and Finance.
- Proactively communicate with the DOS and DOSM in terms of group pace, pick-up, and conversion, highlighting issues and opportunities where necessary taking full accountability for the business and pipeline lifecycle.
- Host pre-meeting with clients pre-event with F&B Events Operations Manager to introduce the operations team and coordinate last minute details.
- Responsible post event to close PM accounts and ensure all events are paid on time and with correct payment details and amounts as contracted.
- Proactively follow up with clients post event for feedback.
- Join weekly BEO meetings where needed to support Groups and Events Sales Executive.
- To strictly adhere to LQA standards and guest comments.
- To use multiple platforms, including our Six Senses App, at the same time while managing various pieces of information
- To be flexible in own schedule between mornings, evenings and/or night shifts, including weekdays, weekends, festive days and/or any other as per operational needs.
- To perform any additional tasks given by Sales Director or Sales & Marketing Director.
To execute the position of MICE Sales Manager - Groups & Events, I have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results. I possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Groups & Events Management, Hotel or Business Management and more than two years’ experience in a senior groups and events role.
I am a personally involved, visible and proactive leader with excellent organizational skills, capable of providing focused direction and continuing to establish the property’s prominent position within the market. I possess a well-developed capability for strategic decision-making and a track record of proven results in the areas of customer satisfaction, operational excellence, host satisfaction, revenue and profit.
In terms of Groups & Events Sales Management, I have an intuitive sense for driving business, a passion for excellence and an understanding of the sophisticated needs of the luxury customer.
My financial acumen positions me as a business savvy leader with demonstrated financial understanding and interpretation of reports plus cost control.
From a people management perspective, I am a responsive, engaged and interactive leader, capable of building strong positive relationships with hosts that results in a shared vision of success for the operation, demonstrated ability to leverage shared resources, undertake training as needed and to manage through influence.
Technical skills include Advanced MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. I am also familiar with various hotel systems including PMS and CRM platforms. I have an excellent command of written and spoken English with some knowledge of the local language and customs.
I will maintain a thorough understanding of Six Senses in terms of guidelines, rules and regulations, brand and operating standards, facilities and services.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
You’re about to be the author of this journey that takes you through life’s undiscovered passageways, hidden treasures and meaningful experiences.
It’s a story unlike any other. Out of the ordinary, one could say.
A journey across lands and seas, a tale about what it means to connect to the world around us.
Let the journey begin...
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.