We’re looking for a passionate Junior Sous Chef to join our team at Lotti’s.
Lotti's is our buzzing neighbourhood restaurant. The menu features an internationally inspired brasserie style cuisine with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. During the day, Lotti's is a place to meet, relax or work, and from Friday to Sunday the bar plays host to local DJ talent.
Reporting to our Head Chef you will be responsible to support management of the day to day kitchen related activities for the restaurant. You inspire your team to create memorable experiences for guests of all our restaurants and bars. You hold yourself and others to a high level of professionalism and integrity, making key decisions based on what is best for the guest, the hotel, and the people who make it operate successfully day to day. What you'll do...
What we're looking for...
- Bring delicious flavours to our guests’ tables by managing our busy kitchen
- Create, execute, and produce top-notch food with a constant eye on the highest quality standards, presentation, and flavour, with an eye on industry trends and neighbourhood demands
- Ensure statutory compliance in all food and drink related areas
- You will keep well-organized storerooms and inventories that allow for a smooth running kitchen
- Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to come up with new, delicious combinations of tastes
What's in it for you...
- Previous experience working as part of a fast-moving kitchen team
- Passion for food is a given; a love for our particular flavours a definite advantage
- You value learning and development and are looking to join a hard-working team, aiming to make the best food out there
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’ll live and breathe food and drink, knowing what’s hot, what’s not and who’s who
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike
- Methodical and process-driven approach to tasks, but also able to work flexibly and calmly to meet deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of important issues, solve problems and make effective decisions
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
More about us…
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Free lunch before payday as a treat at the end of the month
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.