We are looking for a so-positive-it's-infectious Receptionist to join us.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
Reporting to our Front Office Manager you will be responsible to provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return. What’s in it for you…
What you'll do...
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- Hox Hero and Nifty fifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Food on us during your shift
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact
- Regular team get togethers, from our High Fives to our (pretty special!) team parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Pay if forward, refer a friend and get a bonus on us
What we're looking for...
- You're the first face our guests see, and you have your own way of treating them as individuals, making them feel welcome and their stay special - the Hox way
- Deal with the coming and going of guests, making sure all bills are correct and contain no surprises
- Work with all our teams to make sure we're always busy, and help our Front Office Manager with any overbooking levels
- Answer phones, sort out requests, give recommendations to the best show to see and the latest pop-up restaurant to try in the area - you're the one-stop-shop for our guests to turn to
More about us…
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.