The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin)
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Front Office Manager
to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to a new market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Director of Operations
, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Front Office department and Team, providing a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service for our guests and customers. What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- Creating a memorable guest experience for our guests that will leave them wanting to return for more.
- Lead and manage a team of high-energy people who love our guests, by setting and monitoring goals, empowering and developing them, and creating an environment where people can be themselves.
- Supporting the Duty Managers and working closely with the Hoxton teams in setting selling strategies and ensuring maximum occupancy.
- Management of departmental costs and ensure that all expenses are kept in line with budget guidelines.
- Ensure that all hotel Standard Operating procedures are trained and adhered to, also pro-actively identifying opportunities to improve and enhance processes and procedures.
- Ensure a good relationship is maintained between Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and F&B.
- To be fully aware, and competent in, all health and safety procedures and policies.
- To be a member of the hotel crisis and fire teams and to be fully conversant in all related procedures.
- Achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service to both external and internal customers, forging long-term relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Assist the sales and marketing team with site inspections and be confident on the hotel facilities.
What’s in it for you…
- Most important is that you know how to provide a great and memorable guest experience – whether it’s for someone staying with us or just stepping in for a drink or a bite to eat.
- You have experience in a similar role, or as an Assistant looking for further development with a demonstrable track record of excelling in Front Office operations and procedures.
- You have experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar property management system.
- You have experience of monitoring and implementing Health & Safety procedures.
- You will be required to work flexible shift patterns which will include days and nights, weekdays, and weekends to support the duty management team, as and when required.
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
- A competitive salary and eligibility to participate in our discretionary bonus scheme.
- The opportunity to head up our Front Office function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Berlin.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.