The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) - Waiter/Waitress
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favorite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for a Waiter/Waitress
to join our team in House of Tandoor and/or Lobby.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept. Our restaurant is the meeting of a North Indian communal eatery and a classic European cuisine. It brings together the characteristics of these two traditional restaurants - the tandoor ovens, Indian spices and marinades, select prime cuts of meat, and buzzing atmosphere.
Reporting to our Floor Manager
, you will be responsible for serving the guests and make sure they will have a great time. What you’ll do…
What we're looking for...
- You’re the face of our guests’ experience and you bring your own flavour to the(ir) table.
- Make sure that from the moment they arrive to when they leave, they’re having a great time.
- Work with the rest of team in keeping things running smoothly and tidily.
What’s in it for you…
- You are flexible to work on rotative shifts and on weekends.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- Fluent in English, good German knowledge, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- A people person, great at building and nurturing long lasting relationships.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
More about us...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.