Sales & MarketingLocation
The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Provdes support for sales activities for larger, more complex accounts. Monitors and manages against team booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer interactions.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the property.
• Works with sales team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.Maximizing Revenue
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with Ritz-Carlton Global Sales Organization Managers and accounts.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., guest rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.Additional Responsibilities
• Executes and supports the brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.