TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Airline Technology domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for all IT related work and systems around the five Group-owned airlines. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Airline Platform Services Team which delivers professional, reliable and high available IT infrastructures and services for our five Group-owned airlines at various European locations.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused site reliability practices, ensuring high quality of infrastructure services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an ever-evolving technical landscape the Site Reliability Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box. ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in SRE, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its infrastructure components, from design to operation.
• You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
• You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services.
• You work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for.
• You ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management.
• You will be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements.
• You are hunting for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted.
• You will support your team with efficient incident handling and quick reaction to production problems. For this you can expect to take part in on-call rota.
• You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required.
• You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
• Together with the teams in the Domains you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
• You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
• You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
• You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
• You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do. ABOUT YOU:
• Experience working with highly available, distributed enterprise systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
• Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, and DevSecOps practices
• Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions as well as with incident response solutions
• Willingness to take part in on-call rota
• Deep automation expertise, hands-on with some programming languages
• Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge, e.g. Windows, RHEL
• Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
• Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
• Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA