TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Retail & Partner Integration is a global team within TUI technology responsible for supporting the B2B Business with travel agencies and online partner like online travel agencies or meta searchers with IT solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.ABOUT THE JOB:
The Solution Architect
is responsible for the architecture landscape of Retail IT and oversees key technical and design decisions from ideation through to implementation. You collaborate closely with Heads of Product, Heads of Technology and other key stakeholders, and have a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior technical engagements with other domains.
As a SolutionArchitect,you are responsible for the creation of technology and organisational transformation activities and technology direction. In collaboration with technology leaders including the Head of Architecture and other senior architects, you will help shape a vision and strategies regarding IT architecture to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions within the retail sales area.
You are an advocate for state-of-the-art Modular Web Architecture with Microfrontends and Microservices within the domain and are well-connected within the global communities for architecture and API design.
You will use your excellent facilitation and solicitation skills to effectively engage with teams to enhance their capability, continuously exploring new ways to improve the quality of solutions, ensuring that options are considered, and recommended approaches are clearly designed with valuable solutions. You champion policies, standards and practices and help define and execute the technology strategy for TUI and each domain, using your knowledge of compliance and integrity of the business strategies.
You identify and implement improvement architectural practices in an agile environment and map the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state to continuously innovate processes and adapt them to market trends. You also ensure that technical implementation is in accordance with the enterprise and solution architecture standards, and the objectives of the organisation.
You are an active member of the global DevOps and architecture communities. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.ABOUT YOU:
- Provide technical leadership and able to step up from the detail to see the full context and develop a long-term vision;
- Proven track record in designing modular, scalable, highly-performant and resilient global solutions;
- Experience with designing RESTful and ideally GraphQL as well as deep familiarity with relevant best practices;
- Strong grasp of and experience with cloud technology (AWS), cloud architecture, scalable design patterns, CI/CD. DevSecOps practices, microservices and ideally microfrontends;
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices and be able to incorporate these into the designs;
- Conception of strategic, innovative software and system architectures for the further development of online and IT systems;
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders;
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to champion architecture practices in an agile ways-of-working;
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner;
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated;
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex technical problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions;
- High level of English.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com#TUIjobs