Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
W Rome, 26/36 Via Liguria, Rome, Città Metropolitana di Roma, Italy VIEW ON MAP Schedule
W Rome is casting for Seasonal Host/Hostess for our outlet Giano.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager and coordinated by the B+F Supervisor, the Host/Hostess will be part of the OTTO team, made of high-level professionals with a strong passion for B+F.
We are on the hunt of extraordinary passionate hospitality Talents who will be ready to join us for the summer season 2023.
- The position is set to start in April 2023 until October
- 40hours per week, 5 days a week for 8hours each with 2 days off
W Rome redefines the luxury hotel scene of the Eternal City through its informal yet impeccable Whatever/Whenever service and trademark high energy. It is the perfect match for the duality of the Italian, between reverence for tradition and defiance of expectations, a magnetic social hub shedding light on the future of the Eternal City.The impact you’ll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
A Host/Hostess presents a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Host/Hostess also greet Guests upon arrival, inform Guests of their wait time, monitor a waiting list, enter Guest names into the computer system, show Guests to their table and bid Guests farewell as they leave.
A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the host/hostess cares for our Guests by refilling beverages and performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning glasses and menus and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked and orderly. As a member of an energetic team, the Host/Hostess will also need to answer the phones and fill to-go orders when needed. What we offer
What you’ll do
- Be part of the dream team of the first W in Italy
- Professional career progression at international level in Marriott hotels at global level
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage across the company
- Learning and development opportunities online, on the job and in class
- Charity events, Wellbeing activities through the TakeCare program
- Experienced management & motivated and engaging colleagues
- Canteen service and uniform
- Welcome guests and be the W HOTELS brand ambassador; manage guests’ requests and complaints in line with our service culture
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Attend to special Guest needs and requests
- Observant to Guests' needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Issue dining charges by verifying orders; calculating taxes; totaling bill for to-go orders
- Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for ToGo orders
- Reconcile cash drawer by proving cash transactions; listing checks and credit card charges for to-go orders
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and brand identity guidelines
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies.
- Balance the cash register at the start and close of each shift.
Help others when requiredWhat we’re looking for
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
- Possess a good command of English and Italian.
- Great storytelling skills.
- An excellent verbal manner and proven customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Good organization skills with an attention to detail.
- A team Player with flexible & positive attitude.
- Passion for the hospitality industry & F&B
- Able to work in a fast paced environment & remain calm under pressure.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in complaint handling.
- Availability to work late nights, weekends and bank holiday as we operate 365 days a year.
You’re a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options.
No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’ll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you’ll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.