Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
W Rome, 26/36 Via Liguria, Rome, Città Metropolitana di Roma, Italy VIEW ON MAP Schedule
W Rome is casting for a Pastry Chef.
The person will report to the Executive Chef Zamperetti Nicola and she/he will manage a team of pastry chef de partie and one sous chef under the guidance of Fabrizio Fiorani, Best Pastry Chef in Asia 2019 and head of the pastry chef of the Duomo restaurant by Ciccio Sultano.About us
W Rome redefines the luxury hotel scene of the Eternal City through its informal yet impeccable Whatever/Whenever service and trademark high energy. It is the perfect match for the duality of the Italian, between reverence for tradition and defiance of expectations, a magnetic social hub shedding light on the future of the Eternal City.What we offer
The impact you’ll make
- Professional career progression at international level in 7300 Marriott hotels
- Learning and development opportunities online, on the job and in class
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Experienced management & motivated and engaging colleagues
- Charity events, Wellbeing activities through the TakeCare program
- Canteen service
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Managing a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.What you’ll be doing
- Manage the pastry team and strictly collaborate with Fabrizio Fiorani
- Responsible for team rota and organization of operations
- Process orders in company systems, maintain relationship with the purchasing department and approved suppliers
- Liaise with sales and marketing to promote the pastry creations in line with brand standards
- Support the development of the hotel pastry shop Zucchero, following Fiorani’s concept and guidance
- Review Production sheet to understand variety of baked goods to be produced daily.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance.
- Keep Chef informed of excess food items for planning of daily specials.
- Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures. Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Prepare breads and pastries, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking, and decorating as appropriate.
What we’re looking for
- Assist management in training, scheduling, evaluating and motivating employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including safety and security; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach common goals; handle sensitive issues with tact, respect, and confidentiality.
- Serve as a department role model or mentor. Comply with quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Previous experience as Pastry Chef in 5* hotels or fine dining restaurant and understanding of luxury standards
- Ability to manage independently the pastry team and food orders
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
Others may call you a foodie, but you know you’re much more than that. You want to learn all the tricks of the trade and be the master of the kitchen. When you join us, you’ll find that there are no limits on your creativity or your potential. We inspire you to grow and challenge yourself because when you are pursuing excellence, you’re helping us to provide exceptional travel experiences.Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’ll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you’ll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.You’re welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.