Descrizione del lavoro
***This position can be based in Miami, Dallas, or Remote***
Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 4,000 team members driving our sales, marketing, revenue management, client support, customer experience, technology, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Vice President and Commercial Director, All- Inclusive you will deliver market leading commercial performance across the All-Inclusive category! You will be accountable for the development and execution of a commercial strategy and supporting tactics that achieve the revenue and market share targets of these hotels over the short, medium and long term. You will lead and drive steadfast focus on maximizing revenue and market share across the All-Inclusive property portfolio.
The Vice President will provide strategic leadership for the All-Inclusive market and – through in-depth understanding of sales, distribution, and revenue management – identify, develop and execute results that strengthen Hilton’s place in the market.
The role is responsible for leading All-Inclusive strategy and aligning matrixed reports and cross-functional teams to accelerate growth in this market. With a strong pipeline and focus on the All-Inclusive category the VP & CD will liaise with other functions to identify strategic issues and priorities in order to drive the commercial agenda forward. The Commercial Director must demonstrate leadership that ensures all aspects of the commercial operation are aligned with Hilton Strategic Priorities and that reporting teams exemplify the Hilton Values in how they operate every day.
More specifically, you will:
- Have an eye for business and partner with the Global Brand Head for All-Inclusive and serve as the commercial leader of their business.
- Provide oversight and strategic insight for sales and distribution strategy and execution in the all-inclusive market to establish Hilton as a brand leader in the market.
- Consistently demonstrate the capacity and desire to understand the key drivers of all-inclusive commercial performance across all internal functions and external factors.
- Build, develop and maintain a forward-looking view of performance and establish a process for understanding and communicating future commercial risk and opportunity across All-Inclusive hotels.
- Support hotel openings from a commercial perspective, working across Hilton’s commercial functions to maximize performance impact.
- Translate organizational goals and priorities into performance standards for the Brand Commercial Team.
- Provide oversight and a deep strategic mentality for sales strategy and/or distribution landscape in the all-inclusive market, to establish Hilton as a brand leader in the market.
Build Relationships and Use Influence
- Establish and maintain close collaborative relationships among Commercial and Operational Leaders in support of the category’s Commercial strategy.
- Build, develop and maintain excellent relationships with senior personnel across the company.
- Ensure coordination with Commercial Platforms in support of the All-Inclusive category including RMCC, RezMax, HWS, Hilton Direct, Commercial Capabilities and Analytics, etc.
- Support Commercial Platforms by maintaining an understanding of key capability gaps and working with Commercial Platform owners on strategic plans to close those gaps.
- Attend property visits, corporate & ownership meetings, budget & forecast reviews.
- Provide direct and cross-functional leadership to All-Inclusive Sales, Distribution, and Marketing teams to gain results through customized solutions and ensuring our teams are accessible, responsive, and consultative to all our key partners.
- Work effectively in a matrix structure and lead cross-functional teams
- Build Commercial strategy and plan to deliver sustained above market revenue and market share performance across Americas All-Inclusive hotels.
- Lead All-Inclusive distribution and sales strategy as well partner/vendor agreement strategy and negotiation.
- Maintain awareness of Hilton Managed strategy as it impacts All-Inclusive hotels and ensure proven methodologies are implemented globally as part of the Commercial plan. Maintain a regular cadence for communicating strategy and performance against our strategy, initiatives, and Key Performance Indicators including future risk and opportunity to the All-Inclusive Brand Heads and key Hilton leaders.
- Gain agreement and support for the relevant strategies and key initiatives required to deliver the strategy from senior partners.
- Lead and maintain a commercial planning and performance review process to manage and drive accountability for All-Inclusive commercial action plans. Lead calculated planning across the Americas Commercial Services team to improve performance of all-inclusive hotels.
- Responsible for commercial capabilities for all All-Inclusive hotels in the region; directly responsible for Franchise All-Inclusive performance; work across all All-Inclusive commercial resources to implement a coordinated strategy to deliver short term performance while building long term All-Inclusive capability for all management types.
Execute for Results
- Partner with the Category above property Commercial teams in close collaboration with the respective functional leaders.
- Ensure all Commercial initiatives are planned adequately and managed properly through to delivery.
- Drive accountability of cross-functional area-wide teams or partnering with various departments to complete strategic actions or support initiatives/projects.
- Negotiate and implement sophisticated Sales and Distribution partnership agreements and provide growing value to our customers, partners and the overall organization.
- Provide input to the commercial strategy of global distribution systems, including travel intermediary direct connectivity and media placement.
- Demonstrate analytical skills to set direction and priority for both proactive and reactive situations, resulting in revenue and market share opportunities and readily deploy tactics to remedy challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Expert knowledge of All-Inclusive distribution and sales partnership opportunities and agreements
- Positive relationship building skills and experienced working in a matrix organization
- Experience leading a multi-functional organization, business or department
- Dedication, passion, and in-depth knowledge of the lodging business or similar industry
- Strategic problem solver while translating financial goals into operational plans
- Dynamic, innovative and creative in finding business solutions
- Ability to navigate a constantly evolving business environment
- Excellent presentation, public speaking skills; written and communication skills
- Strong business sense – including expertise in All-Inclusive landscape, internal and external trends, and ability to adapt to changing condition/priorities to enable strong strategic and tactical execution
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Degree/GED
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience in the hospitality industry
- Three (3+) years of specialized experience in All-Inclusive travel industry experience or similar environment
- Six (6) years of management experience
- Travel up to 40%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a Senior Director and/or five (5) years at a Director level in travel and/or hotel sales
- Fluent in Spanish
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.