Sofitel - Chic, Passionate, Indulged, Special. Experience the very best of modern luxury at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour. Here you can indulge in a decidedly chic encounter that combines the spirit of Aotearoa with the French Art de Vivre.
The unmistakable influence of fashion has imbued Sofitel with a couture approach to service, from the fine attention paid to the smallest detail, to the elaborate flourishes that enchant and delight guests. As proud “Ambassadors” of l’Art de Vivre around the world, we are committed to delivering hospitality excellence and heartfelt service, in a manner that is tailor-made to our guests
We are looking for ambassadors for Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour as Full Time Bartender. The ambassador should an eye for detail, a passion for creating magnifique luxury experience for our guests and developing a wonderful team.
Our Ambassador will:
- Demonstrate ‘ownership’ of the outlet through commitment to the following areas of responsibility.
- Perform basic day-to-day food and beverage service.
- Opening and Closing of restaurant/Bar or outlet.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and high quality service of Hotel’s bar outlet.
- Serve beverage items with flair and professionalism according to company standards.
- Maintain product knowledge of all drinks, snack and wine lists in order to advise and make recommendations to guests. Use every opportunity to maximize sales.
- Assist in the supervision of security arrangements and property maintenance in line with Hotel policy.
- Observing liquor and other laws and regulations.
- Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling and presentation as prescribed by council / legislative regulations, in accordance with the hotel’s Food Safety Plan.
- Input into development of the outlet.
- Cost control / guest awareness.
- Work with staff to minimise wastage and breakages.
- Familiarise yourself with VIP and regular guests to ensure their requests and needs are met.
- Set up and maintain a weekly cleaning schedule for the bar to achieve the highest possible hygiene and cleaning standards.
- Ensure all mise-en-place is completed prior to guests arriving.
- Ensure guest billing is completed accurately following hotel procedure and that correct charges are posted.
- At least 1 year experience in a luxury 5 star hotel
- At least 1 year experience Bartending and Cocktail Mixoligist experience
- Innovative and ability to create new cocktails to suprise and delight our guests
- Previous experience in Fine dining breakfast and dinner service
- Previous experience in luxury banqueting service
- Previous experience in Barista and Café style service
- Knowledge on gastronomy and beverages
- Use of Micros is a bonus
- Strong presentation and organisation skills
- Ability to work in the fast paced environment and be proactive
- Previous hotel or administration experience
- Positive bubbly personality
- Learn your Way - Access to our Accor Academy so you can Earn while you Learn!
- Work Your Way - Flexibility to ensure a work life balance!
- Benefits Your Way - Incredible Accor Heartist Benefits - discounted Food & Beverage + Accommodation Worldwide
- Complimentary meals on shift
- Accor's Parental Leave Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program