Descrizione del lavoro
Conference Concierge/On Floor Event Liaison
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Conference Concierge – Catering, Conference Services &/or Events will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and service that exceed the expectations of every client
What is in it for you:
- Employee discounts at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, local companies and Accor worldwide for you and your family
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities within the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in addition to national promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit!
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Act as a personal service ambassador /liaison, on behalf of Conference Services, between the Meeting Planner and the various hotel operating departments.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Build rapport with the Meeting Planner in order to identify their needs and expectations, maintain a constant presence on the meeting floor, and anticipate/respond to any requests.
- Ensure a smooth and seamless meeting planner/guest experience, by communicating with all departments within the hotel.
- Review all appropriate documents (Group Resume, BEOs, etc) to familiarize with the event/conference details, in advance of meeting with customer on the floor.
- Check in with Meeting Planner prior to start of function to ensure everything is initially set up to customer’s satisfaction.
- Check in multiple times throughout the day to assist with changes/updates.
- Assist with any updates/changes quickly and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction with action taken.
- Be actively visible on the floor, and always accessible to the customer via phone/Nextel/radio.
- Use daily checklist to ensure accuracy of all events, and adherence to Fairmont standards and BEO details. Every function room in use should be checked in advance of client arrival.
- Partner with Banquet operations at beginning of shift, throughout shift, and at end of shift; to ensure consistent information sharing.
- Update Conference Services Managers throughout day on group status, any actions taken, and any necessary follow up needed.
- Attend pre-conference/event meetings with clients and summarize job responsibilities, contact information, and course of action in absence of Conference Services Manager
- Ensure guest/group experience while onsite, through personal interaction and attendance at functions throughout the stay. Must be flexible to accommodate irregular and/or extended hours.
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle ‘walk-in’ inquiries.
- Attend necessary meetings within hotel that effect/are effected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
- Manage function room keys for Meeting Planner. Ensure function rooms are properly keyed and manage inventory of keys with Meeting Planner.
- Inspect VIP rooms, guest rooms, and/or hospitality suites.
- Additional responsibilities, as outlined by Director or Assistant Director.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience is an asset
- Minimum High School Diploma, diploma or degree from a recognized institution in Business Administration or in Hospitality/Tourism preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and have the ability to prioritize and follow through.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /pressured environment.
- Pleasant out-going personality/good interpersonal skills.
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines
Your team and working environment:
A team of Heartists that are committed to working together, supporting each other, and providing the best guest experience Feel Valued, Feel Sparked, We Are One
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS