Sofitel - Chic, Passionate, Indulged, Special. Experience the very best of modern luxury at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour. Here you can indulge in a decidedly chic encounter that combines the spirit of Aotearoa with the French Art de Vivre.
The unmistakable influence of fashion has imbued Sofitel with a couture approach to service, from the fine attention paid to the smallest detail, to the elaborate flourishes that enchant and delight guests. As proud “Ambassadors” of l’Art de Vivre around the world, we are committed to delivering hospitality excellence and heartfelt service, in a manner that is tailor-made to our guests
We are looking for ambassadors for Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour as Part Time Food & Beverage Attendant. The ambassador should an eye for detail, a passion for creating magnifique luxury experience for our guests and developing a wonderful team.
Our Ambassador will:
- Be accountable on a shift basis for the operations of the outlet through effective people management. This role is ‘hands on’, working as part of a team to provide efficient 5 star service.
- Perform basic day-to-day food and beverage service.
- Opening and Closing of restaurant or outlet.
- Perform the tasks of order taking and maximize sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling.
- Ensure accuracy by repeating order(s) to the guests.
- Ensure that dockets are written clearly and correctly, so the cashier and kitchen can fulfill their duties effectively.
- Ensuring to use the POS (Point of Sale) system correctly.
- Deliver orders promptly from the production area. (Kitchen and Bar area)
- Check ordered meals on collection from kitchen and deliver to guests promptly to maintain temperature and appearance ensure items are announced when delivered to the table.
- Providing the highest standard service to the guest.
- Keep tables and service areas clean and tidy as per procedure manual.
- Take responsibility for your designated section and station.
- Maintaining side stations are clean and organized daily.
- Maintain a working knowledge of beverages offered and how to prepare and serve them.
- Maintain hygienic food service techniques during service
- At least 1 year experience in a luxury 5 star hotel
- Previous experience in Fine dining breakfast and dinner service
- Previous experience in luxury banqueting service
- Previous experience in Barista and Café style service
- Knowledge on gastronomy and beverages
- Use of Micros is a bonus
- Strong presentation and organisation skills
- Ability to work in the fast paced environment and be proactive
- Previous hotel or administration experience
- Positive bubbly personality
- Learn your Way - Access to our Accor Academy so you can Earn while you Learn!
- Work Your Way - Flexibility to ensure a work life balance!
- Benefits Your Way - Incredible Accor Heartist Benefits - discounted Food & Beverage + Accommodation Worldwide
- Complimentary meals on shift
- Accor's Parental Leave Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program