Why work at Waterfront:
- Deeply committed to sustainability and community
- More than 50% of leadership team including c-suite, are women
- Firm believers in diversity - we have colleagues from 60 countries
- Passionate advocates for the LGBTQSIA + community - 365 days of the year, gender inclusive change rooms, only hotel brand to participate in Vancouver Pride Parade, on-going diversity training for all colleagues, hotel level committee and representation
- Industry leading Leadership program and learning program through our Academies
- Great perks - Colleague Travel Discount program, food & beverage discounts, transit reimbursement program for Trans Link monthly passes, subsidized meal during your shift through our colleague dining program, Benefit Plan including medical, dental and vision coverage, Pension Plan, and more!
- One free stay through our Be Our Guest Program, in addition to an Employee discount card that provides up to 50% discounted rate for travel to over 5300 Accor hotels Worldwide
- Full rate of pay $19.32/hour in addition to gratuities
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued. Join Fairmont Waterfront and take part in the sustainable travel revolution at our harbor-front, eco-conscious hotel, which is home to Vancouver's first green roof and a honey bee apiary!
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions, menu items and preparation methods
- Deliver food and beverage in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous Food & Beverage service experience required
- Previous Point of Sale System experience preferred
- Excellent Communication and Organization Skills
- Serving It Right Certification required
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, overtime shifts, split shifts and holidays
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS