Director Account Manager Summary of the role:
You will manage the coordination of key commercial activities with strategic Airline partners in NORAM region. Your role will include coordinating, managing & reporting on commercial & program activities for identified Airline partners in cooperation with the Sales and Customer Product & Solutions (should this be replaced with following – Sales Customer Success and Product/Solution Management) teams in order to maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction. You will lead in sustaining and growing Amadeus market share and revenues to achieve long-term success with our Customers.In this role you’ll:
About the ideal candidate:
- Coordinate and Manage key commercial and program functions:
- Coordinate commercial discussions across the organization to support NORAM Sales and Account Team. Immediate focus will be on American Airlines related activities
- Provide weekly update on status of commercial and program activities by collating information across different project & program teams
- Provide Monthly Management status update on progress and work with Sales and Account Team to escalate issues or risks
- Support Quarterly Steering Meetings with Customer
- Retain and grow existing market shares and revenues:
- Adopt a consultative selling approach
- Identify specific requirements and expectations for existing clients
- Identify new opportunities and propose solutions to Airline partners
- Develop customized strategic account and account development plans (SADP) for each Airline partner and update CRM with all opportunities related to customers
- Manage all commercial matters related to accounts:
- Execute & process the operational requests received from Sales & Account Trams on behalf of Airline partners
- Work with IT Sales / Customer Product & Solutions to retain and grow IT portfolio
- Organize regular business reviews for follow-up purposes and deep-dive sessions on specific items
- Work closely with Commercial Operations to get business cases approved for renewal and development of market share
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the current product portfolio and benefits of specific products for each Airline partner. As well as up-to-date knowledge of other segment-relevant information (trends, strategy, competitors, pricing, etc.)
- Ensure external communication specific to Airline account(s) to top management in alignment with the agreed communication plans.
- Provide inputs and feedback to the Customer Solution teams in order to prepare and adjust the communication plan.
What we can offer you:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred and /or equivalent work experience and proven success in sales, business development, product marketing, or related field
- Relevant work experience: At least 10 years of related experience with Airline IT and Distribution or working with a vendor that directly serves clients in travel & transportation
- Business Understanding: Demonstrated ability to develop positive and influential relationships.
- Airline industry technology experience strongly preferred
- Computing: Understanding of MS Office Suite of products, Salesforce, Seismic among other productivity related products
- Languages: English
- Specific Knowledge: Understanding of Airline IT and Distribution concepts and solutions. Familiarity with Payments and Airport technology
- Other: Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and integrity; The ability to build professional trust and respect
- The position may require travel to customer sites and industry events as needed, estimated at 5+ nights per month
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV, and apply.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now! Diversity & Inclusion
Amadeus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veterans status, sexual orientation, gender expression, perception, or identity, marital status, mental or physical disability status, or any other protected federal, state, or local status unrelated to performance of work involved.