Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler Position:
Cook (Commis 1) Terms of Employment:
Full-time / Permanent Location:
Whistler, British Columbia Employment Address:
4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler BC, V8E 0Y4 Canada Hours of Work:
40 hours/week Vacancies:
Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Extended Health Coverage/benefits (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, retirement plan etc.) after probationary period. Access to affordable shared staff housing both on-site and off-site. Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc. Wellness/Leisure Program (Choice of Ski Pass or the dollar value of the ski pass paid). Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room, Retirement plan with employer contribution; Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year; Excellent training and development program; Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide. Wage:
$24.50 to $26.00 / hour Contact:
Please send resumes to P&C.firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Cook (Commis 1)” in the email subject line Duties:
- Prepping and execution of the morning or afternoon menu items including In Room Dining.
- Setting up food stations by obtaining all equipment and materials needed
- Preparing food stations for service, including organizing and managing banquets and buffets
- Cleaning and inspecting kitchens and food service areas and ensuring a neat, clean, and organized work area throughout and following service.
- Preparing and plating all items received from the computer system in a timely and accurate manner
- May specialize in Pastry cooking
- Preparing dishes for guests with allergies or food intolerances
- Communicating with cooks regarding timing
- Maintaining records and ordering food, supplies and kitchen equipment as required
- Culinary education is strongly preferred but several years of commercial cooking experience may substitute.
- 2+ years of culinary experience.
- Passion for food.
- Excellent knife skill and cleanliness
- Strong command of the English language.
- Excellent commitment to service and teamwork.
- Ability to obtain a clean criminal record check.
- As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Cooks to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
Join Our Team
- Great attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the as a Cook (Commis 1).
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance. The Location
Be ready for a Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and top-rated restaurants.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design. About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us. Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.