Join Our Team
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Director who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do.
At Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, our commitment goes beyond just providing exceptional service – we strive to embody the very essence of mountain warmth, genuine hospitality, and unwavering passion for both the mountains and the hospitality industry. We are seeking a visionary leader who can inspire and uphold these values in our team and to create exciting and mountain-inspired experiences for our guests.
Nestled in the heart of Whistler, Four Seasons Resort Whistler serves as a welcoming haven, offering warmth and comfort after an exhilarating day in the mountains. Our spacious and meticulously appointed accommodations are matched only by our team's sincere appreciation for the region, local expertise, and profound admiration for the adventure and nature that surrounds us.
We offer 272 elegant guest rooms and suites and Luxurious Private Residences; a 14-treatment room Spa and two top rated restaurants Braidwood Tavern and Side Cut Steakhouse.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year. Whistler is an hour and a half drive from Vancouver.
This position provides leadership and management of the Food & Beverage Division, by establishing plans of character, integrity, and quality which result in the long-range continued growth and profitability of the division and Hotel. The ideal candidate will work congruently to maintain and establish new trainings for all positions within the division, create a culture of accountability and inspire employees to be proactive and enhance service wherever needed.
The successful candidate will oversee the Sidecut Restaurant, Braidwood Tavern, Braidwood Café, Pool, Banquets, In Room Dining, Pool, Mountain Activities, Culinary and Stewarding in a highly seasonal, world class resort.
Food and Beverage is a continuously evolving division with new items coming to market each day. The Food and Beverage Director is expected to be continuously looking to improve and evolve our services allowing us to stay on top of new trends, while maintaining our reputation of outstanding service in the industry. The Director of Food & Beverage will provide dynamic leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division. Candidates should have five to seven years of proven growth within the Food and Beverage Management.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the division and hotel.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons through effective marketing and personal relationships.
- The ability to work closely with the General Manager, Planning Committee as well as the Executive Chef to design effective menus, wine lists, and amenity options while ensuring excellent product quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Maintain, create, and implement a budget based on forecast, demand, occupancy and historical data in order to achieve year over year gain.
- Strategic planning and execution of short-and long-range capital expenditures to enhance guest and employee experience.
- Participate in the development of the team through personalized monitoring of each member of his or her team and by proposing training actions to improve individual performance.
- Communicate with all Departments of the hotel on business fluctuations and developments, special guests, and groups.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Contribute to the development of the hotels’ annual marketing plan
- To be an ambassador of the Four Seasons philosophy and ensure that it is understood and respected by all.
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management experience is strongly preferred
- Five to seven years previous experience in a Food & Beverage Management position.
- Established Assistant Director of Food & Beverage aspired to move up
- Excellent communication skills and a strong, innovative mindset where there is no box!
We would like to invite established Assistant Directors of Food & Beverage who aspire to advancement in their career.
- Strong community relations
- The ability to react and adjust to changing business environments and lead the team in ensuring efficient financial management of the business
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of professionals
- Exemplary intuitive listening skills along with exceptional oral and written communication
- The ability to stay organized and calm under pressure
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Excellent training and development opportunities; if you are looking for a long-term career we have opportunities after your first season, based on performance.
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Winter Leisure Pass
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.