Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of: an opportunity to build a lifelong career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. For more information on Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts, please click here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzq78MIkT2s&t=3s THE OPPORTUNITY:
Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Boston is currently looking for an IT Specialist!
The IT Specialist assists the IT leadership team in ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of all computer systems, networks, and voice communications at the property. The preferred candidate will have previous experience in a hospitality environment.RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Assist in ensuring critical systems are available 24/7/365 with priority given to PMS (Opera), POS (Simphony), PBX (NEC) and HSIA systems.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining user familiarization procedures for all software and hardware used at the property.
- Assist with administration of all systems including maintaining user/group accounts, software configuration, troubleshooting, and completion of documentation.
- Assist in server infrastructure management, performance and backup monitoring, disaster recovery, and operating system upgrades.
- Assist with ensuring effective support for other systems including back office, sales and catering, human resources applications and any other at the property.
- Assist with providing service outage diagnosis, troubleshooting, and restoration of service, as well as malware protection management.
- Assist with maintaining and promoting technology standards as outlined in the Four Seasons IT SOPs.
- Assist in the coordination of equipment acquisitions and major projects as required.
- Participate in property-initiated and corporate-initiated technology implementations as required.
- Attain thorough knowledge of the procedures required to install, upgrade, troubleshoot, and remove all software applications used at the property.
- Provide both direct and remote guest technological support and, when needed, support to conference services.
- Assist with administration of O365 and Outlook mail.
- Assist with third-party vendors.
- Assist with wired and wireless network support and maintenance, Active Directory maintenance, server maintenance, failover tools, firewall configuration, web security, and other systems as needed.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of IT.
- Candidates will need a well-rounded and reasonably comprehensive technical background to be successful in this position.
- Training in formal educational settings, on-the-job experience, or in the candidate’s free time will all be considered – what you know is more important than where you learned it.
- Must have working knowledge of Cat 5/6/fiber cabling, network equipment and protocols, operating systems, personal computers, servers, communications equipment, and office administration applications.
- Knowledge of hospitality applications (Opera, Simphony, Amadeus, HotSOS, et al) is desirable.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks – there are regular overnight tasks that must be done during the property’s slowest periods.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of management.
- Must be able to assist hotel guests with technical issues.
- Must be capable of training users with varying degrees of computer knowledge.
Visa sponsorship is not available. Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.LEARN ABOUT OUR AMAZING BENEFITS
******Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.******
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance after 30 days
- 401(k) Retirement Matching Plan
- Highly competitive salaries and incentives
- Ability to experience our hotels as a guest through the complimentary room program
- Educational assistance programs, as well as in-house training workshop for all employees.
- Complimentary Life insurance
- Vacation & Paid Sick Time Off
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- And much more
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf