The Butler will operate in the villas; provide even the unexpressed needs of every VIP guest. The Butler ensures that guests are delighted and expectations are exceeded, providing personal service, and a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance. The Butler ensures that guest experience meets their needs, expectations and desires, liaising with other support departments whenever necessary. The Butler performs all tasks in accordance with the standards established in the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles. This includes, but not limited to, registration of guests, villa orientation, night turndown service, luggage delivery, packing/unpacking services and handling lost and found items. The Butler acts as the coordinator in fulfillment of all food and beverage, In-Room Dining, wake up calls and amenity services. The Butler inspects each assigned villa cleaned by the attendants prior to guest’s arrival to ensure all the guests preferences are met.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Live and promote the Four Seasons philosophy of service excellence.
- Ensure the company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Participate/Lead in Villa daily line ups and monthly departmental meetings.
- Attend all compulsory trainings and meetings.
- Maintain complete knowledge of :
- Hotel/Residences features/services, hours of operations
- Hotel/Residences room types, numbers/names, layout, amenities and locations
- Hotel/Residences room rates, special packages and promotions
- Daily Suite expected arrivals/departures
- Scheduled daily guest activities,
- Local events, attraction, holiday schedules
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Obtain assigned villa butler key and ensure its security.
- Access all the functions of computer system in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Adhere to Four seasons grooming standard at all time.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated resort personnel to ensure completion of request.
- Relay accurate directions to guests’ desired destination within local area and distribute maps with highlighted routes.
- Coordinate guest requests with designated vendors according to departmental standards, to include:
1- Airlines réservations, changes, confirmations & cancellations.
2-Transportation from resort to airport and return
3- Limousine reservations
4- Car rentals
5- Babysitting services
6- Business center services/fax or telex services/mailing and delivery services.
7-Restaurant reservations, activities, special meals (events)
8- Dry cleaning, laundry, alterations, repairs
9-Sporting events, golf facilities, sport and athletic activities/rentals, outdoor activities, health club facilities.
- Keep track of guest history and guest preferences to anticipate the guest’s needs. Collect guest preferences and pass them to appropriate departments and make sure they are entered into PMS.
- Ensure timely delivery of fruits and other amenities to the villa.
- Communicate all guest comments (complaints, preferences, suggestions about facilities offered, needs, etc.) or special occasions (birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc.) to concierge.
- Liaise closely with the front desk to coordinate arrivals and departures.
- Deliver messages and guest faxes.
- Establish an effective guest relation to ensure repeat business.
- Maintain Butler log-book and enter all relevant information for that day
- Inspect villas prior to guest’s arrival:
- Check all electrical equipment is in working condition. Note any repairs needed and follow up through
- Ensure all amenities and magazines in the villa are up to date, adequate and properly placed.
- Ensure the villa is prepared according to personal preferences of the guest, note any VIP’s, Special Attention guests & rectify any deficiencies.
- Check the villa thoroughly for cleanliness.
- Assist House Keeping attendants on their needs and requirements.
- Perform all tasks as detailed in the standard training manual.
- Promote positive work environment.
- Create/energize Team work.
- Must be willing to perform any additional tasks /duties as assigned by four seasons upper management.
- service oriented with experience in Food & Beverage ,Housekeeping, Front desk
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Possess a good command of English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests and fellow employees both in person and by telephone.
- Fluency in a foreign language preferably.
- Knowledge of local attractions, services and suppliers/vendors
- Certification of previous training in guest relations, liquor, wine and food services
- Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence
- Be an ambassador of Four Seasons Company at all times, in and outside of the workplace.
- Focus on details and be able to organize, prioritize and follow up. Must be able to take initiative and work productively within any given period of time, unsupervised.
- Must be able to work well under pressure of coordinating several requests at any given time
- Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Promote positive relations with guests, employees of the resort. Must be a team player.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guests and general resort information.
- Think clearly and quickly, maintain concentration and make concise decisions.
- Remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations
- Be creative, innovative and strive for continuous improvement
- Go the extra mile, to provide extra attention in order to satisfy guests’ individual needs and wishes
- Maintain good coordination while serving food and beverage orders to the guests
- Able to drive a club car