The In-Room Dining Cashier is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our ever-discriminating guests.
At Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
About Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo:
From our hillside perch overlooking the Pacific Ocean, our expansive Costa Rican resort offers privacy while being your launching pad into boundless adventures. After a day of zip lining, surfing or hiking a volcano, return to our tropical retreat for farm-to-table dining from one of our five restaurants and bars, refreshing swims or relaxing spa treatments. With customized itineraries for families and couples alike, we can’t wait for you to experience “pura vida” at Peninsula Papagayo.
What we expect:
- Answer telephone using courteous, efficient telephone etiquette while obtaining all information necessary to process the guest’s order according to Four Seasons Standards, describe the selection of food & beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of the each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods.
- Communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen using the hotel’s point-of-sales system; check completed kitchen orders with the guest’s original order; coordinate delivery of items to the guestroom by Room Service Servers in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality; properly and accurately close guest checks; record guest charges and gratuities.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Coordinate amenity deliver by ensuring that all requests are received, filed, ordered from kitchen and delivered in a prompt and accurate fashion.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Stock and order items. Assist in setting tray tables for delivery.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language (90%)
- Previous Food & Beverage experience preferred
- Average knowledge of wines, spirits and mixed drinks
- This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word
- Knowledge of MICROS preferred