The Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis seeks a Restaurant Host to join our talented team!
Service Dates: April 2023 - September 2023
Be a part of Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis where we foster connection, celebrate character and develop craftsmanship. Join our uniquely-talented team, and we will support you in doing your best work. Whether you’re inspired by our culture, incomparable views of the Mississippi River or two-time James Beard Award-winning native Minnesotan chef, discover why your future is here.
BASIC PURPOSE: Greet and seat guests while coordinating guest reservations and responding to inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Seat guests promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party and according to guest preference.
2. Set up host/hostess stand, review guest reservation book, and make recommendations as to the set-up of the room, maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet Four Seasons Service standards.
3. Answer telephones according to Four Seasons standards and take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
4. Anticipate the needs of guests, respond accordingly to guest inquiries or problems, and recognize regular guests by name and utilize the guest’s name consistently.
5. Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition and appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials.
6. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
7. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. Requirements for this role:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Six to twelve months of restaurant, food and beverage, or equivalent experience is required.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of the restaurant aspect of Four Seasons services, policies or operations and general knowledge of the hotel. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Requires knowledge or the ability to operate computer equipment and the reservations system.
Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Minneapolis
Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis is an unrivaled expression of luxury. The new 37-storey building will be situated at the convergence of business and leisure in Minneapolis, at the top of Nicollet Mall, the city’s pedestrian thoroughfare. A few short blocks from the Mississippi River, the mixed-use complex will also serve as RBC Wealth Management’s US headquarters. Key features will include Gavin Kaysen, local Celebrity Chef in partnership with Four Seasons, 19,400 sq. ft. of meeting space, downtown’s only Luxury Spa and a 5000 sq. ft. Pool Deck. What you can Expect We care for our team members through competitive compensation packages, opportunities for career development and advancement, and the following rewards in support of their work-life balance:
- Parking discount
- Staff lounge and cafeteria space with city view
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Daily meals inspired by award-winning chefs
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. This comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Thank you for your interest in working at Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis. We look forward to receiving your application. Service Culture
Currently operating 122 hotels and resorts, and 46 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do. Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf