Assistant Stewarding Manager
- Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for an Assistant Stewarding Manager who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. Our Stewarding Manager is a part of a dynamic team that supports all our Food and Beverage outlets in providing award-winning service. This position reports to the Director of Food & Beverage. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.About Us
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.Key Elements of the Job
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Oversee the Stewarding department and ensure all tasks get completed in a timely and exemplary manner.
- Responsible for all food ordering for the hotel and restaurant.
- Ensure all china, glass, and silver are clean and sanitized using the dishwashing machine; load and unload dishware and flatware from dishwashing machine and store properly.
- Clean and sanitize all ovens, steam kettles, mixers and other kitchen equipment as well as all kitchen drains, sinks, floors, and walls; clean, dust, seep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff kitchen and pastry shop production areas and hallways.
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and kitchen utensils using the correct cleaning and rinsing solutions.
- Safely set-up, clean, and utilize the silver burnishing machine to clean, polish, sort, and transport silver following a daily or weekly schedule; place damaged or excessively worn pieces in a designated area for repair.
- Safely utilize and store all cleaning compounds, chemicals, and materials including soaking solution utilizing the correct protective clothing.
- Organize work assignments, make recommendations in regards to training, performance evaluations, and discipline for stewards.
What to Expect from Your Work Experience...You will
- High school education or equivalent
- Previous experience in Stewarding or previous supervisory experience. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean dishwashing machine, sinks, floor cleaning equipment, and silver burnisher
- A positive and energetic demeanor
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company
- Salary range: $66k - $70
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
- Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee cafeteria.
- $100 monthly transportation
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf