The Hilton Des Moines Downtown is a bright and modern hotel in step with the tech-centric area. Part of the Des Moines Skywalk system, the hotel is connected to the Iowa Events Center – perfect for convention attendees – and offers quick access to offices, local dining and Des Moines attractions. Guests are offered plenty of conveniences for their stay, including a signature restaurant, indoor pool, fitness center, 330 guest rooms and 19,338 sq. ft. of stylish event space.
The Banquets Department is adding to their team! They are looking for an Assistant Banquet Manager. The ideal candidate will have 3 + years of supervisory experience within F & B or banquets, a positive attitude, and guest service focused. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an amazing team, work in a vibrant downtown city hotel, and grow your career within Hilton! What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Banquet Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the planning, organization and execution of all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in the management of all Banquet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Supervises food and beverage set up and clean up.
- Assist in planning, organizing and executing all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and training team members.
- Greets clients and responds to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
The Benefits- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay (Based on hotel)
- Health insurance
- Complimentary team member lunch
- Complimentary Parking
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
*Please note, benefits may vary depending on the classification and union status of the position.