The Capital Hilton
is looking to add a Catering Sales Manager
to join their team! The ideal candidate will have 1 year of experience in Sales, Catering, or events related role.
Our historic hotel is in the heart of the nation’s capital, less than a mile from McPherson Sq metro station. The National Mall, Georgetown, and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum are within two miles. Position Statement
As Catering Sales Manager
, you will be responsible for the development of market segment(s) including solicitation of new customer relationships, and negotiation of business through proposals and contracts to close business. Creative design of menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience. Maintain existing relationships with corporate and social accounts. Fostering all internal customer relationships to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of events. Directs event logistics to affected departments and team members responsible for event execution. Serve as the primary contact and is responsible for his/her experience. Position Summary
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible to:
- Solicit, secure, and respond to customer inquiries regarding the purchase of food and beverage, rental of event facilities and purchase of ancillary services from the hotel
- Host and entertain clients, conduct property tours, promote facilities and services and draft contracts
- To organize, plan and prioritize your duties by developing plans and goals.
- Timely communication to internal and external clients via telephone, email, written documents or in person.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients to set and meet client expectations and deliver on those expectations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job systems, products, systems, and processes.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others while handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Selling and influencing both internal and external clients.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and evaluating the issues and determine the best solution.
- Ensure high quality service by communicating and assisting others to understand the guest needs, providing direction and guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process as necessary.
Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Opportunity to work from home (based on performance, clients in house/business demands, and after 90 day performance review)
- Chance to use your creativity to drive increase and develop the wedding market, especially ethnic wedding market
- Free Parking or Free Bus Pass
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)