Job Requirements Position Summary
Solicit, upsell, coordinate, manage and prepare all event documentation and facilitate through sales, property operations departments and clients. Ensure property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service and back to sales to achieve customer satisfaction/quality service while meeting/exceeding revenue/profit goals.Core Responsibilities Sales Strategy Development, Direct Sales Execution, Account Management
Sales System Usage/Efficiency, Policy and Procedure Management
- Create and execute catering sales action plans to impact need periods and/or specific function space revenue production.
- Measure and achieve direct sales activity goals for client solicitations, outside sales calls and property site inspections.
- Maintain budgeted sales/revenue booking goals on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with company booking policies and procedures.
Menu and Package Development, Client Presentation
- Effectively utilize sales and marketing system for change log, TBA function space, BEO layout and consistency, menus, average checks, meeting space capacity and diagrams.
- Maintain accuracy of any third party diagram software. Ensure diagrams are standard in client proposals and provided to banquet operations with Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s).
- Efficiency in the use of solicitation tools such as Knowland Group for identifying prospecting targets.
- Effective use of cVent for timely lead response systems and past RFP solicitation opportunities.
- Ensure all bookings follow accounting/billing standards for audit key controls and receivables.
- Successful implementation of catering free sell policies, food/beverage minimums, service charge, fees, etc.
- Assure all bookings are accounted for in contract binders and up to date.
Banquet Operations Standards, Communication, Client Expectations
- Ability to solicit seasonal, traditional and non-traditional wedding and other specialty menus.
- Conduct semi-annual competitive assessment of banquet menu price positioning within market and adjust accordingly.
- Negotiate with guests and patrons for banquets, meetings and other functions, all arrangements, suggesting menus, bar set up, room set up as per policy and procedure. On completion of negotiations, inform other departments of detail arrangements in writing which is necessary to assure success of the function.
Third Party Partner Relationship Management
- Coordinate and assist in planning catering service/banquet operations through the Banquet Manager.
- Ensure consistent client communication for effective turnover of group and catering events to assigned Convention Services and Catering team members.
- Obtain guarantees for all events and ensure guarantee information is distributed to all departments.
- Provide customers with written statement of estimated charges prior to events .
- Be present at functions to serve as liaison between the customer and banquet staff.
- Ensure safety regulations and procedures are followed to ensure optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
- Participate in Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings to review upcoming events and client expectations with operations team members.
- Review MPSI results on a weekly basis with client follow up and effective internal communication to address and correct issues. Review client feedback at weekly Sales Meeting.
- Coordinate pre and post con meetings with hotel clients and operations team members.
- Coordinate and/or approve menu tasting events for hotel clients and communicate all details to banquet operations team members.
- Lead efforts to resolve conflict with clients and consult with department heads as necessary.
- Ensure event guarantees are received for all events and communicated in a timely manner to operations team members.
- Follow up on all functions to gain client feedback and solicit for repeat business and referral opportunities.
- Ensure property reader boards are accurate and posted on a daily basis.
- Monitor banquet checks for accuracy, service charge and tax percentages, and client signatures.
- Audit daily Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) to accounting recap for accurate revenue reporting and billing.
- Review and direct the work of outside contractors and vendors to maximize revenues while ensuring set-up, pricing and follow-through meets hotel expectations and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Ensure all catering events with third party partners utilize a Remington approved agreement outlining expectations, applicable fees, liability, etc.
Perform additional duties as requestedWork Experience Education:
A degree from a four year college or equivalent experience required.Experience:
Experience required by position is from four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Skills and Abilities
: Requires advanced knowledge of principles and practices within the catering sales, F&B and hospitality professions.
Travel required: As required. Disclaimer
- Requires investigating and analyzing current activities or information and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence the managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.