Descrizione del lavoro
The Director of Event Space Optimization with Hilton Houston Americas is responsible for using revenue management principles to manage inventory strategy and analyze data in order to optimize function space usage. Managing function space for groups with ballroom space by gathering guest room and function history, approving space releases and additions and facilitating space audit meetings in order to drive the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service while maximizing the hotel’s financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
- Works directly with Director of Revenue Management, Director of Catering & Events and Director of Sales & Marketing to consistently monitor and analyze function space usage and RevPAS (Revenue Per Available Sq. Ft.) productivity that would enable Sales and Catering Managers to more easily book space.
- Analyzes all group programs prior to confirming with the customer and turning definite. This analysis includes the oversight of meeting space requirements, properly mapping space to maximize efficiency of group layering, eliminating/reducing unnecessary holds for setup/teardown, ensuring the proper fit based on the groups revenues/profitability, which includes F&B profitability and the hotel’s group room mix.
- Trains and educates the Sales Team on established rooms-to-function space ratios and enforces their compliance in order to maximize revenues. Conducts “Group Space Purge” (GSP) Analysis - analyzing and releasing space once an official program is received and input into the system.
- Approves all function space requests prior to Delphi input (this includes space modifications from Event Service Managers for groups already turned over to Events).
- Ensures that future group programs are obtained in a timely fashion per the terms of the sales agreement.
- Coordinates with sales managers to manipulate existing bookings in order to move/release space insuring that the hotels are able to aggressively pursue high profit function space requests from catering & sales managers.
- Participates in weekly Revenue and P&T Meetings.
- Reviews files as they are turned over to Event Services to ensure that all known information is loaded accurately into Delphi (note: sales leadership is responsible for ensuring accuracy at time of turning definite as well as at official turnover).
- Manage citywide space commitments for affiliate bookings.
- Responsible for F&B forecast in conjunction with Director of F&B, Director of Events & Catering, Director of Revenue Management and Assistant Director of Revenue Management. Participate in monthly forecast meetings.
- Reviews space rental revenues, booking trends and high/low demand pricing.
- Analyzes and sets parameters for Meeting Room Rental and F&B minimums considering market conditions.
- Post event analysis for groups 151+ rooms on peak nights. Analysis to include finding unused/over-committed space, variances in F&B minimum versus actual spend, reviewing P&L to define overall group profitability.
- Work in conjunction with sales to implement changes as needed to future year contracts.
- Utilizing post event analysis – assist with determining what groups to re-book and how.
- Apply modifications to space contracted, locating new month/patterns, and adjust F&B minimum/rental to maximize the profitability and group layering for the hotel.
- Determines and publishes free sell dates and strategies for local catering.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!