Descrizione del lavoro
*** This is for a virtual position ***
Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
We seek a Lead User Experience Designer who possesses a passion for using technology to solve problems for people. As a member of the Experience Design team, the Lead User Experience Designer (UXD) is expected to act as an authority on consumer behavior on websites in general and on travel websites in particular. The Lead UXD must understand the full consumer experience and be the 'Voice of the Customer' throughout the organization and ensure it is heard in all decision-making processes that impact the consumer – help create and sustain a consumer-centric culture. You are the lynchpin for change, bridging gaps, and innovation for our users.
- Work with the UX researcher to identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content
- Convert data and qualitative feedback into impactful next steps
- Collaborate with research and testing to identify learning opportunities
- Develop user-centered designs considering customer feedback, personas, user research, technical constraints or opportunities, and business requirements
- Deploy a variety of practices to efficiently yet effectively create designs Use proven patterns to enhance and optimize products - Establish and shape Fractal components in collaboration with UI Design
- Design accessible features
- Ensure coherence and consistency of features and functions across the overall journey, in and outside of your focus area
- Collaborate with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences
- May independently coordinate, lead or manage small/non-complex projects, or independently perform segments of larger projects
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap
- Facilitate workshops (journey mapping, problem-statement, etc)
- Contribute to user story evolution to ensure the experience expectations are clear
- Collaborate with pod team members and business partners to develop a core understanding of user personas
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating phenomenal user-centered design solutions
- Experience designing content for co-brand or partnerships
- Experience developing process flows, conceptual diagrams, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and interaction behaviors.
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in an agile/scrum environment
- Advanced understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Superb communication, presentation, storytelling, interpersonal and analytical skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional work experience in Technology or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, digital designer, or similar role
- Experience with web and mobile platforms
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Understanding of accessibility standards
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus six (6+) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus twelve (12+) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Seven (7) years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, digital designer, or similar role
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $71,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.