Descrizione del lavoro
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
Provides analytical support to the Senior Manager, Technology Finance, and assigned functional business teams to identify trends and business drivers that will impact future financial performance. In this role, you will build strong business relationships, anticipate challenges, and implement strategies to support the Technology team in delivering and completing strategic objectives. You will also be committed to preparing and analyzing financial reports for budget and forecasting purposes and performing business analyses to help optimize and manage costs. Additionally, you will ensure the accurate allocation of funds and help optimize fund usage and balances. In this role, you will also present financial results and recommendations to business partners and senior leadership to help achieve business goals and maximize the return on capital investment.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop an annual operating plan by identifying financial and/or operational opportunities through detailed analysis of financials
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial performance, identify key trends and business drivers that impact financial performance
- Develop presentations that compare data, highlight risks & opportunities, and focus on qualitative and quantities issues.
- Prepare variance reports and presentations, including monthly business reviews with business partners
- Understands Technology expense chart of accounts, global accounting, and can quickly pull and summarize costs related to Technology operations
- Develop financial models and large datasets to identify areas of financial risk and opportunity to ensure annual expense targets are met
- Use Oracle PeopleSoft, Hyperion Financial Systems, and Microsoft Excel to maintain, update and continuously improve financial forecast accuracy
- Assess fund allocations between departments and billings to help ensure they are accounted for accurately
- Assist Accounting team with month-end closing activities such as classes, prepaid amortization, and accruals
- Provide financial support and analysis on technology investments
- Disseminate and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the department and with senior leaders/constituents from other departments
- Document and evaluate allocation processes, and educate partners on opportunities to streamline and/or automate
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Provide support to VP Global Brands & Commercial Services (GBCS) Finance, VP Global FP&A, and Accounting as required
- Prepare special projects for the Senior Director Technology Finance and VP GBCS Finance regularly, including financial reporting, contract analysis, project analysis, etc.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter with the intellectual curiosity and drive to identify challenges and independently propose solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem-solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills, with the ability to analyze financial data to identify trends and issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations with attention to detail and timelines
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Confident leader with the ability to manage directly and cross-functionally by applying strong interpersonal skills that build trust to motivate and influence others
- Exercise absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate with others and act objectively in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
- Strong Project management skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of work experience in financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, or equivalent experience in finance and/or accounting
- One (1) year of management, supervisory and/or mentorship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite, including experience building financial models using Microsoft Excel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field
- MS/MA Master’s Degree
- Seven (7) years of work experience in financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, or equivalent experience in finance and/or accounting
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft, Hyperion Essbase, SmartView, Anaplan
- General accounting knowledge, specifically around accrual, cost allocation, and amortization
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.