As Senior Catering & Events Manager you are responsible for negotiation of business through proposals and contracts to close business.What will I be doing?
As Senior Catering & Events Manager you are responsible for negotiation of business through proposals and contracts to close business. Creative design of menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience. Maintain existing relationships with corporate and social accounts. As Sr. C&E Manager you are responsible for event documentation and coordination with Sales, hotel departments and customers to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of all hotel events. This position primarily handles complex events. You will be required to ensure a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by upselling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Serve as the event planner primary contact following turnover on property and is responsible for his/her experience. May support and act on the behalf of the Director of Catering and Events.
Specifically, your essential functions will be to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
• To organize, plan and prioritize your duties by developing plans and goals.
• Timely communication to internal and external clients via telephone, email, written documents or in person.
• Create and maintain relationships with clients to set and meet client expectations and deliver on those expectations.
• Demonstrate knowledge of job systems, products, systems, and processes.
• Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others while handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
• Selling and influencing both internal and external clients.
• Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and evaluating the issues and determine the best solution.
• Ensure high quality service by communicating and assisting others to understand the guest needs, providing direction and guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process as necessary.
• Other duties as necessary based on business needs.
• Regular attendance. What are we looking for?
• Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years Hospitality related experience at manager level.
• Experience of Supervision or management of 1-3 people.
• Other requirements: Travel percentage: 10%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Delphi.fdc)
• Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution (CMP, CPCE)
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!