The Hilton Short Hills, a 4 Diamond hotel, is a full-service hotel and located across the street from the mall at Short Hills, a quick drive to Morristown, and only 25 miles for NYC! We have 15,000 of flexible indoor/outdoor meeting space and host a variety of high end social and corporate events! The team is looking to add a Senior Catering Sales Manager to handle their social and corporate events for our beautiful hotel! The ideal candidate with have 3+ years of sales experience and knowledgeable in weddings! This is a great opportunity to work for an amazing hotel and alongside a passionate and energetic team!
As Senior Catering Manager at Hilton Short Hills, NJ,
you would be responsible for developing market segments and soliciting new customers to purchase food and beverage and utilize event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. You would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What benefits will I receive?
- Represent the hotel through preparing proposals and presentations to groups and prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate, and close group and local catering business.
- Meet with and entertain customers, conduct property tours, participate in tradeshows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services and close deals. Utilize discretion and authority to negotiate contracts with customers and establish agreements with vendors.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing all arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events. For example, set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals, Weddings, and special events.
- Direct and collaborate logistics to all other affected departments and team members responsible for event execution.
- Provide consultation to customers to ensure we create unforgettable experiences within budget.
- Creatively design and detail menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience.
- Coordinate with Dir. of Catering in formal planning for and execution of significant events at the hotel.
- Prepare and present catering forecasts and reports as required by Director of Catering.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay (Based on hotel)
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Complimentary Parking
- Team Member Discount on meals
- Cornel Online Training Opportunities
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
*Please note, benefits may vary depending on the classification and union status of the position.